Signup Now

Thread: @SteamWorks

@SteamWorks

What about this anti-cheat engine of Steam??

I saw on a BR fansite something about "automatically detect ilegal softwares installed on the computer during the gameplay", i'm really scared about it :O....
    If it's true, when Tibia come oficially to steam we are fucked up??... Scenes for the next episode!

LINK: http://forum.portaltibia.com.br/topi...el-anti-cheat/

Well basically the portuguese translation for the text would be:

What VAC does ?

Using advanced heuristics analysis, the system can detect if the game is running cheats by scanning the computer memory while the user is playing. If something suspicious is found, the VAC will test the machine of the user to check if it really is using any program to cheat the game.

When a cheat is found, all the information is sent to Valve, which analyzes it again, and confirm, adding your account to the list of cheaters.

But I think it can't be detected because Windbot is running "outside" Tibia. From what I know, VAC scans for programs that completely change the game structure, like for example FPS games using auto-aim, wall hack and those things. Windbot is just simulating keyboard and mouse.

I've been playing Steam games with Tibia+Windbot minimized and my VAC is 100% intact, so I believe it can't be detected, but only @Lucas Terra may answer that correctly.

Hopefully it won't detect windbot or we're all screwed!

What about WindAddons?
    Yours,
    pvzin

only time will tell

AFAIK it got a hard time to detect mouse/keyboard simulated hacks for FPS. People on CS:GO are using something like that (not confirmed) to auto aim like the example @Leonardo gave. Well, let's wait for boss to answer
    @pvzin, probably it wouldn't be able to launch through Steam. When it becomes "mandatory" that we need to use Steam, we'll get the option to play on the flash client also, which I guess it isn't harder than stand-alone client to make a bot

Troubled Animals Quest [100+]
    ALL
    Feyrist Animals Surface [160+]
    RP
    Feyrist Silencers Underground X1 [180+]
    RP | EK
    Feyrist Silencers Underground X2 [200+]
    RP | EK
    Feyrist Silencers Surface [210+]
    RP | EK
    Rathleton Sewers [240+]
    RP
    Glooth Fairy [350+]
    ED/MS
    Hardcore Draken Walls [400+]
    EK

Quote Originally Posted by RoBot View Post
    What about this anti-cheat engine of Steam??

I saw on a BR fansite something about "automatically detect ilegal softwares installed on the computer during the gameplay", i'm really scared about it :O....
    If it's true, when Tibia come oficially to steam we are fucked up??... Scenes for the next episode!

LINK: http://forum.portaltibia.com.br/topi...el-anti-cheat/
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    Well basically the portuguese translation for the text would be:

What VAC does ?

Using advanced heuristics analysis, the system can detect if the game is running cheats by scanning the computer memory while the user is playing. If something suspicious is found, the VAC will test the machine of the user to check if it really is using any program to cheat the game.

When a cheat is found, all the information is sent to Valve, which analyzes it again, and confirm, adding your account to the list of cheaters.

But I think it can't be detected because Windbot is running "outside" Tibia. From what I know, VAC scans for programs that completely change the game structure, like for example FPS games using auto-aim, wall hack and those things. Windbot is just simulating keyboard and mouse.

I've been playing Steam games with Tibia+Windbot minimized and my VAC is 100% intact, so I believe it can't be detected, but only @Lucas Terra may answer that correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoxZin xD View Post
    AFAIK it got a hard time to detect mouse/keyboard simulated hacks for FPS. People on CS:GO are using something like that (not confirmed) to auto aim like the example @Leonardo gave. Well, let's wait for boss to answer
    @pvzin, probably it wouldn't be able to launch through Steam. When it becomes "mandatory" that we need to use Steam, we'll get the option to play on the flash client also, which I guess it isn't harder than stand-alone client to make a bot
    The VAC system only works when the client is hosted and launched through steam servers. Without launching through their servers the VAC can not run an anti-cheat program.
    Most of their games that use VAC are Call of Duty, CounterStrike, etc.

from Steam:

If a user connects to a VAC-Secured server from a computer with identifiable cheats installed, the VAC system will ban the user from playing on VAC-Secured servers in the future.

The Valve Anti-Cheat system is enabled for servers displaying the Secured shield logo.
    list of VAC enabled games:

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?category2=8
    Last edited by Orexx; 08-31-2014 at 02:34 AM.