Signup Now

Thread: Referral system

Referral system

So basically, I had an idea. I am not sure if you have played around with this thought at all but what if this bot had a referral system which rewards you for recruiting your friends to Windbot?

Me personally, i've convinced atleast 10 of my friends to come over to Windbot also dozens of failures to recruit have been made.

To me, a reward is not neccessary I solely recruited my friends to get the benefits of Windbot for them, there is no reason they should be getting (i.e) 500k/h when they could be rocking 650k/h.
    However, everyone is not me although there are plenty of windbot promoters among us, some might need that extra bit to trigger them into convincing their friends to try it out.

An example of how the system could work out.

You have a personal link with your referral code which you give to your mate, he then creates his account with this code that he has been given. After the 14 days of trial, if the recruitee decides to purchase a month of windbot, the person who referred him could get a special prize, that could be everything from reputation points to windbot days, this part is up for Mr Terra to decide

Just a short idea I had, since I do feel like, although this forum is rapidly expanding, its not expanding as fast as I feel like it deserves.
    Bought 295 EK on Inferna from Dedi
    Bought 85 days voucher account from Mateo
    Bought 73 days voucher account from Mateo
    Sold 268 ED on Inferna to theawesomest
    Sold 274 MS on Calva to Mateo
    Sold 440 MS to Bergman
    Sold 380 EK to Stupar
    Sold 340 MS to Tim
    Sold 230 ED on Inferna to Jack
    Sold 340 MS on Antica to Adam

& more!

I think it's a good idea. Referral System is always a good marketing system.

Actually there's a referral system on vBulletin (forum software), but i think it's not activated !

You can check your referrals at your profile (Your Profile -> About Me -> Referrals), once again, it need to be activated on Admin's Page.
    If it's activated, you can give a link to register with your user id and it automatically adds a referral for you, example: "http://forums.tibiawindbot.com/index.php?referrerid=$userid" and I think there's a field on the registration page that you can give the User who referred you.

The referral system on vBulletin might not be all too easy to simply activate due to the fact that you get your reward once the new person buys a month of Windbot. Personally I do not know if this is hard or easy to make or even if this is a good idea. I simply thought it might be something that could bring more people here from the shitty bots

Summoning Mr @Lucas Terra, any potential here?
    Bought 295 EK on Inferna from Dedi
    Bought 85 days voucher account from Mateo
    Bought 73 days voucher account from Mateo
    Sold 268 ED on Inferna to theawesomest
    Sold 274 MS on Calva to Mateo
    Sold 440 MS to Bergman
    Sold 380 EK to Stupar
    Sold 340 MS to Tim
    Sold 230 ED on Inferna to Jack
    Sold 340 MS on Antica to Adam

& more!

It's been suggested to Lucas since the beginning, it is something he considers doing however it might be really complicated and he has had no time to work on it since he's focusing on more important things for the bot.

LATEST SCRIPTS SKYPE
    Got a Question? Add me on Skype!
    bugwt.support

This image is hosted on a possibly dangerous website (http://mystatus.skype.com/smallclassic/bugwt.support). Please consider reuploading it on Imgur.com.

Banned
    If you'd (Lucas etc) need any help I'd be more than happy to do so. I'm a educated PHP developer, not working with it so I'd be happy to put my education to use :P

I will work on it.

Thanks, anyways, @Hultin.

Quote Originally Posted by Izze View Post
    The referral system on vBulletin might not be all too easy to simply activate due to the fact that you get your reward once the new person buys a month of Windbot. Personally I do not know if this is hard or easy to make or even if this is a good idea. I simply thought it might be something that could bring more people here from the shitty bots

Summoning Mr @Lucas Terra, any potential here?
    I'm PHP developer since 2002-2003 and i can affirm that's not hard at all.
    Further vBulletin may not be the best, but gives you an excellent library to work which CAN (or not) be a good thing.

Again, that's a very nice idea but need some time to work on and of course, test it very well.