Signup Now

Thread: Make wpt by map

Make wpt by map

Hi back in the day when I was using ibot/neobot (i'm not sure) my friend told me about XenoBot, which had really cool thing. I'm talking about the MAP which they were using to make wpt, you didn't even have to go to the location by your character. All you had to do was load up the www. page and start your work. I just found the site it's called xenomap. Is there any possibility to get it to a windbot version? Or there is already such a thing but I don't know about it.

Ye, XenoMap is pretty cool, Syntax made an awesome job. Unfortunately, I don't believe there are plans to implement similar functionality to WindBot, at least not in the short term.

PS: Neobot had a similar feature, but it was built in the bot and didn't have that many options. Again, Syntax really did an amazing job.

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
    Ye, XenoMap is pretty cool, Syntax made an awesome job. Unfortunately, I don't believe there are plans to implement similar functionality to WindBot, at least not in the short term.

PS: Neobot had a similar feature, but it was built in the bot and didn't have that many options. Again, Syntax really did an amazing job.
    Then it's time for mister Raphael to beat him?

Troubled Animals Quest [100+]
    ALL
    Feyrist Animals Surface [160+]
    RP
    Feyrist Silencers Underground X1 [180+]
    RP | EK
    Feyrist Silencers Underground X2 [200+]
    RP | EK
    Feyrist Silencers Surface [210+]
    RP | EK
    Rathleton Sewers [240+]
    RP
    Glooth Fairy [350+]
    ED/MS
    Hardcore Draken Walls [400+]
    EK

Quote Originally Posted by RoxZin xD View Post
    Then it's time for mister Raphael to beat him?
    I can't say I have never wanted to try.

I think you should try for my own selfish needs

Free User
    You just need Google Maps API, a lot of TibiaMAP screenshots (example from OpenTibia .otbm GloblaTibia Map - example from https://github.com/PrinterLUA/FORGOT...ter/data/world) and PHP, JavaScript skill.

Quote Originally Posted by HjugO View Post
    You just need Google Maps API, a lot of TibiaMAP screenshots (example from OpenTibia .otbm GloblaTibia Map - example from https://github.com/PrinterLUA/FORGOT...ter/data/world) and PHP, JavaScript skill.
    You're clearly oversimplifying stuff. You don't even need PHP, you could do it all serverside. And you don't even need a huge .otbm file, you can use Tibia's .map files. The problem really isn't how difficult it is to do, but the amount of time and dedication this would demand.

Free User
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
    You're clearly oversimplifying stuff. You don't even need PHP, you could do it all serverside. And you don't even need a huge .otbm file, you can use Tibia's .map files. The problem really isn't how difficult it is to do, but the amount of time and dedication this would demand.
    Okay, let me thing about Tibia .map files, those files have ~128 kb each, so its impossible to get pure example Thais Depot image as in game, you will see only pixels like on MiniMap and You can make a mistakes with ladders, stairs etc, so right I've simplified everything, as far as I saw Syntax did huge work and in ~70% of his fking hard job he used images from OTBM file - if I'm wrong correct me. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by HjugO View Post
    Okay, let me thing about Tibia .map files, those files have ~128 kb each, so its impossible to get pure example Thais Depot image as in game, you will see only pixels like on MiniMap and You can make a mistakes with ladders, stairs etc, so right I've simplified everything, as far as I saw Syntax did huge work and in ~70% of his fking hard job he used images from OTBM file - if I'm wrong correct me. Cheers.
    Ye, XenoMap has 2 "layers" for the map. The minimap probably uses the Tibia .map files after some processing and the other, real world layer, at least last I checked, used the images provided by a Tibia fansite, I'm guessing it was TibiaML. Maybe the creatures spawns were obtained through a .otbm file. To actually get the images from the .otbm file would be a pain in the ass.

Still, the version I started to develop only had the minimap layer. Mainly because that was all I needed, mostly.

Edit: Just double-checked, it actually uses images generated from a .otbm file. Pretty sure it used to pull them TibiaML or something like that though, back in the days.
    Last edited by Raphael; 11-23-2014 at 11:16 PM.

Xenomaps is indeed one of the most incredible features ever, making scripts without going to the place is A.W.E.S.O.M.E.
    The boring part of making a script is the monsters you have to kill while doing the script inside the cave so
    Old 'n Proud Neobot-Elfbot and blackd user