Signup Now

Thread: Scripts Shops

Free User

Scripts Shops

Hello, i'd like to proposal a contraversul issue.
    In my opinion these days we have alot of good scripts selling some very good scripts, but we're in lack of free good scripts aswell, some of people will tell me go and buy good scripts then, but its not the case, since i'm looking at new users, they problem never used the bot and don't know how good it can be.
    so the problem in my opinion is the restriction that a seller can have a script shop after release 5 scripts, the ideia is very good but the problem is, usually (not always!) the released free scripts is like "travel carlin-thais" or "free bless maker" and its not good, also it didn't show the scripter hability to make good scripts, i know there are several scripter that don't do this, but there are some that do, so my suggestion is that instead of have to release 5 scripts, they have to release 5 complex scripts.

let the flam begin!

All I read is "I want more free scripts". But you know, the scripts go past approval, if they're too simple, they're denied. I believe we should change the 'too simple' level, making it a bit harder. Is that what you suggested, right? :-)

Troubled Animals Quest [100+]
    ALL
    Feyrist Animals Surface [160+]
    RP
    Feyrist Silencers Underground X1 [180+]
    RP | EK
    Feyrist Silencers Underground X2 [200+]
    RP | EK
    Feyrist Silencers Surface [210+]
    RP | EK
    Rathleton Sewers [240+]
    RP
    Glooth Fairy [350+]
    ED/MS
    Hardcore Draken Walls [400+]
    EK

Free User
    I think windbot needs more free good scripts too, I've seen scripters releasing 5 low level knight scripts to open shop...

I think there should be something like
    at least 1 lvl 100+ script
    at least 1 lvl 200+ script
    at least 3 good rated script

I think it would be better for community AND scripter, because in MY case, the only reason I bought @ozzix script is that he had very good free scripts free released and he even stream his scripts working!

The scripter gets much more reliable!
    Other scripters I'd buy scripts for now is walukasz, Garkstal, GrmS and G&M, because they have really good free scripts released, even some of them not covering the 3 rules I suggested above.

IMO there should be harder to open a store! ^^

I dont like to point names but if you see mistgun's free scripts there is 5 venore corym's variation and 1 venore rotworms...
    Last edited by Culas; 09-14-2014 at 03:51 PM.

We already have rules that, to some extent, exclude scripts found 'too simple'. That usually includes traveling scripts and such, but not any other hunting spot.

WARNING!
    Personal rant below; tread carefully

The other problem with forcing scripters to release more or better free scripts is that this is usually suggested by people that don't give anything back. If this is meant to be a community (and it is), everyone should play a role in improving it instead of having some people doing all the work while the majority simply leeches. People feel that, because we know more, we're obliged to help and offer the product of our work for free, but they are unwilling to give anything back. I have been working on my library and on my requests thread since Neobot times; before me, Lucas had been doing it since Elfbot times. If you're wondering how much we got back from the community, rest assured we never got a single cent. Most people don't even answer with a 'thank you'. So, if you expect more people to contribute more to this community, maybe think about doing something to encourage that kind of behavior instead of simply complaining that nothing is done.

Free User
    There is no words to say what you, Lucas and Leonardo does to this community(and some others) but I was talking about the cavebot scripters itself, that releasing too simple scripts make people have doubts about their reliability

Quote Originally Posted by Culas View Post
    There is no words to say what you, Lucas and Leonardo does to this community(and some others) but I was talking about the cavebot scripters itself, that releasing too simple scripts make people have doubts about their reliability
    Then I guess it's up to the scripters to want to release better free scripts - so that people can be sure of their abilities -, not up to us to force them to conduct their businesses in a specific manner.

Free User
    Yeah, you convinced me

Free User
    wow, i was reading my first post and though, how can i wrote so bad ? haha
    but what i meant is something like raphael/culas said, we do have some nice scripters that follow the rules from release five good free scripts, but there are others that usually make 5 low level knight scripts like, orcs, trolls,rotworms and its a bit strange, i believe that scripters could make better free releases to get a script shop approved, i'm not going in the matter that raphael said about community because i believe its up with the person, i'm not a professional scripter, but i made a new paladin and had trouble in finding newbie scripts from him, so what i made? i made the scripts myself and release it to the community.