Signup Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb Tibia, Windbot, and WindAddons OSX

Tibia, Windbot, and WindAddons on OSX

About

Hey everyone. This is just a little package I worked on as an introduction to the Windbot community. I am a trusted member of the Xenobot forums and have done the same thing with their bot, so if you don't trust me due to my this being my first post, feel free to look me up there . Basically, I created a Wine wrapper and installed Tibia and Windbot into it. By doing this, I eliminated the need for others to install Wine and try to set everything up just right. Now, all one has to do to run Tibia and Windbot is run the app that he/she can keep in any folder

How It Works

Basically, a Wine wrapper creates an OSX ".app" file that encompasses (or "wraps" around) Windows files that you wish to run. *Think of it like a virtual environment (even though it's not actually a VE)* Besides the files that you wish to wrap, there's a fake C: drive and registry that keeps track of what your programs alter. So ultimately, the resulting app is a self-contained windows C: drive and any programs placed in it.

How To Set It Up

Well, it's quite simple to be honest. Simply download the file at the end of the thread, extract the files in the .zip file over to the correct locations (or any location for that matter), and you're done. Then you can easily run Tibia, Windbot, and WindAddons and the injector will work properly (since I managed to put the bot and Tibia in the same self-contained wrapper). Read the ReadMe inside the .zip file for more information.

Frequently Asked Questions

If anyone has any good questions that I feel may affect multiple users, I'll gladly add them to the main thread, so ask away

If the app uses Wine, why don't I need Wine to use it?
    Well, that's why I said that it's self-contained. I used Wineskin to create a wrapper, so it basically allowed me to install windows programs into a mac application that any OSX computer can run.
    Why is the app so large when Tibia and Windbot on Windows are less than 100MB?
    First of all, don't forget that Tibia and its automap files are almost 250MB. Add that to the bot's size and you have some 350MB more or less left unaccounted for. The reason why the file seems much bigger than it is on Windows is because both Tibia and Windbot have dependencies that need to be placed inside the wrapper to ensure that it would be self-contained. Tibia and Windbot themselves aren't actually the files taking up the space, it's the programs they depend on. Though it seems big, you still conserve more resources than if you were to install full-fledged Wine on your computer. Also, if enough people want, I can create alternative versions with more apps inside. They'll have the same dependencies and, by putting them in the same wrapper, you can be more efficient on space.
    Is this app safe?
    Yes. I'll post a scan below if someone wants to scan it and send the results to me, but I guarantee that the app is 100% safe. I installed both Tibia and Windbot into the Wine wrapper directly from their respective sources. Also, if you right-click on the application, you can "view package contents" and see all the files inside for yourself.
    How do I load Scripts into Windbot?
    Well, this one is a bit less straightforward than the one I set up for Xenobot users because of the fact that Windbot keeps Scripts and Settings in its "Program Files" folder. In order to easily set everything up, extract the "Windbot" folder (not the app) in the .zip archive to a location of your choosing (I suggest your "Documents" folder). Once you do that, you can open up the folder and put your Scripts and Settings in their appropriate locations. If you need any help, feel free to post below or send me a PM

Download

Here's a DropBox link for the download:
    Download

If it starts to become slow or stops working for some reason, let me know and I'll put it somewhere better.

I'll also be posting a tutorial soon to reassure people about it's safety and so people learn how to do this (and similar things) themselves.
    Last edited by Lucas Terra; 08-26-2015 at 01:03 AM. Reason: Upload images to imgur.com

~Reserved for Tutorial

Also, @Lucas Terra
    Eu gostaria muito se voce desse uma olhada nisso. Eu trabalhei bastante pra fazer funcionar direito. Tomara que ajude o pessoal do forum
    Se tiver ajudanto as pessoas mesmo, eu posso botar umas traducoes tambem.

Free User
    cara faca um video de como instalar esse programa... seria bem util

Li tudo e ainda não sei pra que eu quero isso O.o!
    Imagens, videos ... antes e depois... Ajuda !

Quote Originally Posted by marquinho View Post
    cara faca um video de como instalar esse programa... seria bem util
    Quote Originally Posted by Slashi View Post
    Li tudo e ainda não sei pra que eu quero isso O.o!
    Imagens, videos ... antes e depois... Ajuda !
    Keep it in English, guys.

Troubled Animals Quest [100+]
    ALL
    Feyrist Animals Surface [160+]
    RP
    Feyrist Silencers Underground X1 [180+]
    RP | EK
    Feyrist Silencers Underground X2 [200+]
    RP | EK
    Feyrist Silencers Surface [210+]
    RP | EK
    Rathleton Sewers [240+]
    RP
    Glooth Fairy [350+]
    ED/MS
    Hardcore Draken Walls [400+]
    EK

Quote Originally Posted by RoxZin xD View Post
    Keep it in English, guys.
    I read everything and still do not know so I want it Oo!
    Images, Videos ... before and after ... Help!
    (:

Quote Originally Posted by Slashi View Post
    I read everything and still do not know so I want it Oo!
    Images, Videos ... before and after ... Help!
    (:
    I don't have time right now, but I'll try to simplify it down.

1) Download the .zip file (at the end of the first post).
    2) Open the .zip file
    3) Inside the .zip file, open the "Applications" folder. (dentro do zip ainda)
    4) Put the three apps you find into any folder (melhor botar junto com seus outros aplicativos)
    5) Inside the .zip file, go back to the root (volta pra pasta principal to .zip)
    6) Drag the "Windbot" folder anywhere (de preferencia bote o folder nos seus documentos)
    7) Pronto

Voce so precisa clicker nos apps pra abrir, e vc bota seus scripts nas areas corretas dentro to folder do "Windbot" que voce botou nos seus documentos.
    ------
    Now all you have to do is click on the apps you want to open and put your scripts in the appropriate locations inside of the "WIndbot" folder you placed inside your documents.

Whats the use of it? I didnt get it...

Quote Originally Posted by Justx View Post
    Whats the use of it? I didnt get it...
    Basically, Mac users usually have to download a virtual Windows, etc, so I basically made Mac apps that run Tibia, Windbot, and WindAddons natively in OSX (with no extra software required).
    All the programs will run as if they were made for OSX

Oh, now I get it.
    Nice job!