Signup Now
    Banned

Improve the walker, make it smarter

Hello!

I came up with an idea on how to improve the walker a bit.

If the path is blocked, instead of walking around, it should try locate stairs (down) and use them instead.
    This would be a revolutionary feature in botting.

Instead of just implementing this automatically in to the bot (which could case bugs if there are a lot of stairs), add a new button to the walker.
    Name the button something like "Quick Path". Like a "Stand", "Node", "Action" etc...

And you could enter a custom range on it. And it would search for all stair id's within that range.

Here's a picture:

Let's say I put a "Quick Path" waypoint on the sqm i'm standing on.
    If I'm stuck, It will now search for the stair ID's within the range I put, let's say 3x3 sqm.
    Then try to reach it, go down, and make a step north.

This shouldn't be too hard to implement.
    And this can be done with a lua script already. But then we need to add action scripts to check that etc...
    Would be much smoother if you added it as a waypoint type.
    Last edited by moot; 07-15-2014 at 02:23 PM.

Blackd Proxy used to do this I guess, you didn't have to use waypoints like "rope" or "ladder", because it would just find the id and do it automatically.

great feature

I can't even being to describe why this is such an awful idea.

Btw, @breuz, you really didn't get the idea. You're talking about a "Learn feature", the OP is talking about something completely different.

Banned
    @Raphael

Explain how running around to the waypoint is better than taking a shortcut. What if there wasn't any other way around. It would then either just stand still or run back.
    To go down the stairs isn't that hard really.

if $standtime >= 2000 and not tilereachable(100, 200, 7) then
    pausewalking(3000)
    reachlocation(99, 201, 7)
    --here comes the new function to walk down the stairs and then step up on them again
    pausewalking(0)
    end
    I could do this with an action waypoint and put my character in front of the stair and make it walk 2 sqm's north.
    I don't see why this would be bad to add into the walker...?

Instead of making action waypoints everywhere, just add a button to do it for us.

Or I could use the moveto, even easier.

if $standtime >= 2000 and not tilereachable(100, 200, 7) then
    pausewalking(3000)
    moveto(99, 201, 7) wait(234,345)
    moveto(99, 200, 8) wait(234,345)
    pausewalking(0)
    end
    That's one minute of scripting an action waypoint, and this works, even tested it on various places.
    But what I want is to find the stair id's automatically.
    See it as a special area, if it's stuck within that area, it will reach the stairs and use them if it notices the waypoint is north of the stairs.
    Last edited by moot; 07-15-2014 at 04:56 PM.

Okey, if you insist:

- You don't know what's on the floor below; this could be a very dangerous spot and get you instantaneously killed.
    - You don't know if it is actually possible to come back; some stairs are simply fake stairs that actually lead you two levels down or even teleport you to a completely different location.

In short, this adds close to zero benefit while posing a major threat to your character's safety.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
    Okey, if you insist:

- You don't know what's on the floor below; this could be a very dangerous spot and get you instantaneously killed.
    - You don't know if it is actually possible to come back; some stairs are simply fake stairs that actually lead you two levels down or even teleport you to a completely different location.

In short, this adds close to zero benefit while posing a major threat to your character's safety.
    1) Of course I know what's below. I of course check the floors. Remember, this is a waypoint type. I simply click the button "Quick Path" or whatever. I wouldn't use this inside a spawn. And that's of course of to the user, where he wants to add that "Quick Path".
    2) Of course I know if it's possible to come back, since I've manually checked it first.

I'm not saying, it will be built-in to the bot. No. I said, add this as a waypoint type.
    That's like saying the same thing about a "Stand" waypoint. "You don't know whats up the stairs". That makes no sense? I clearly said:
    Instead of just implementing this automatically in to the bot (which could case bugs if there are a lot of stairs), add a new button to the walker.

No1 would add a waypoint somewhere without checking where it leads, right?
    Why would they add this if they don't know what is down the stairs?

This would be a waypoint to add on places where there is a risk of being trapped. Like inside a city, on the way back.
    Or in less dangerous spawns.

And to be extra safe, just disable the looting and targeting as well, so it quickly runs down and up the stairs.
    Last edited by moot; 07-15-2014 at 05:04 PM.

If this is meant for very specific and known places, then just go ahead and implement it using two stand waypoints.
    Shouldn't take you more than 3 seconds.