Signup Now
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Free User
    Quote Originally Posted by SuNe View Post
    Tibia 11 Update > Windbot 3
    Thats the best news i've heard this week! Guess that would be within the next two month then if Cip is keeping up the pase?

Wind Powered
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruunar View Post
    Thats the best news i've heard this week! Guess that would be within the next two month then if Cip is keeping up the pase?
    First Lucas want make stable WindBot 2 to know that it won't bug on Tibia 11 then if it will be stable and no crashes he will release 3.0

Free User
    Quote Originally Posted by Dworak View Post
    First Lucas want make stable WindBot 2 to know that it won't bug on Tibia 11 then if it will be stable and no crashes he will release 3.0
    so its already done? u know if its gonna be safier or more detectable? or we'll need to wait and test by ourselves?
    bored? check out my new showcase, 4 vocs in hardcore pvp server!

https://forums.tibiawindbot.com/show...421#post452421

hardcore pvp characters for sell, accepting trades leave ur offer here:

https://forums.tibiawindbot.com/show...600#post452600

Wind Powered
    Quote Originally Posted by lipexh View Post
    so its already done? u know if its gonna be safier or more detectable? or we'll need to wait and test by ourselves?
    We need wait ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by lipexh View Post
    Only time will tell, someone told me they will sign a deal with some anti-bot company which would regulary check your pc for known bots. But idk as these are only rumors

Free User
    and do we have tibia 11 release date? i'll try to rush as much as i can lol

(back playing 2 weeks ago sry about these stupid questions)
    bored? check out my new showcase, 4 vocs in hardcore pvp server!

https://forums.tibiawindbot.com/show...421#post452421

hardcore pvp characters for sell, accepting trades leave ur offer here:

https://forums.tibiawindbot.com/show...600#post452600

Free User
    Wouldn't it be better idea to first fix known bugs in current version? I mean there are even bugs which were reported few years ago and are still not solved, just check Bug or Support section.

Quote Originally Posted by gondogando View Post
    Wouldn't it be better idea to first fix known bugs in current version? I mean there are even bugs which were reported few years ago and are still not solved, just check Bug or Support section.
    No. Look at various software development models and you'll find that versions are frequently phased out when they still have bugs. In this case, the outstanding bugs do effect functionality, but can easily be mitigated with small amounts of Lua. There are only 2 pages of "confirmed" bugs, and for the most part they are very specific (e.g the oldest are HUDs on Windows XP - something we should really just drop support for). The capabilities of Wind3 far outweigh those of Wind2 and it will be a much bigger improvement than any bug fix would be right now. On top of that, Lucas is working hard to update for Tibia 11 so people can continue botting through the transition without problems, so in reality, the whole of Wind3 is on halt, as are any bug fixes, until that's done.
    Interested in software development and/or programming for Tibia?
    Check out the new Tibia Programming Forums (TibiaPF) by clicking the image below.

Looking for a bot for the MMORPG, Medivia?
    Check out MediviaBotter, a powerful, injected bot by clicking the link below.

Free User
    Quote Originally Posted by XtrmJosh View Post
    No. Look at various software development models and you'll find that versions are frequently phased out when they still have bugs. In this case, the outstanding bugs do effect functionality, but can easily be mitigated with small amounts of Lua. There are only 2 pages of "confirmed" bugs, and for the most part they are very specific (e.g the oldest are HUDs on Windows XP - something we should really just drop support for). The capabilities of Wind3 far outweigh those of Wind2 and it will be a much bigger improvement than any bug fix would be right now. On top of that, Lucas is working hard to update for Tibia 11 so people can continue botting through the transition without problems, so in reality, the whole of Wind3 is on halt, as are any bug fixes, until that's done.
    Heh maybe I'm being a bit harsh on this but ok yes sometimes it's justified approach but in this case I think it's too much. I work with .NET and let's say 1-3 times a year I see a problem that is reported by microsoft as known unfixed bug. I bot with windbot for 1,5 month and I think I spotted more than 15 bugs already.

Thera are two pages of bugs yes, but I personally reported several confirmed bugs already and I just started boting, I'm not a hardcore botter, I just don't like bugs so I report them, that leads me to the conclusion that probably most people simply don't report bugs.
    One reason is because as you said it can be mitigated, they always can.
    Second reason is that not all people here are worlds best software developers (just look at lua forum section) and they just can't spot a bug because they might think that they are doing something wrong. Even I don't always report bugs anymore because I can see that bugs are rearly handled here or I just have better things to do with my life than describing what is wrong Anyway even for very newbie kind of script writers bugs are problem, because of them quality of windbot is lower, scripts are more complicated and generally windbot is less user friendly even if the user doesn't really understand that something is wrong happening.

Besides bugs there is documentation problem. Doc is very poor. There are many mistakes in it, it's also incomplete. I mean lua doc is incomplete but windbot itself also lacks documentation, specifics about what should be expected from various options for example. There are only some tutorials.

Ye but I agree that biggest priority should be to handle Tibia 11 client.

To be clear I think that windbot is a great tool and Lucas and others are doing masterpiece job here. Gratz and cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by gondogando View Post
    Heh maybe I'm being a bit harsh on this but ok yes sometimes it's justified approach but in this case I think it's too much. I work with .NET and let's say 1-3 times a year I see a problem that is reported by microsoft as known unfixed bug. I bot with windbot for 1,5 month and I think I spotted more than 15 bugs already.

Thera are two pages of bugs yes, but I personally reported several confirmed bugs already and I just started boting, I'm not a hardcore botter, I just don't like bugs so I report them, that leads me to the conclusion that probably most people simply don't report bugs.
    One reason is because as you said it can be mitigated, they always can.
    Second reason is that not all people here are worlds best software developers (just look at lua forum section) and they just can't spot a bug because they might think that they are doing something wrong. Even I don't always report bugs anymore because I can see that bugs are rearly handled here or I just have better things to do with my life than describing what is wrong Anyway even for very newbie kind of script writers bugs are problem, because of them quality of windbot is lower, scripts are more complicated and generally windbot is less user friendly even if the user doesn't really understand that something is wrong happening.

Besides bugs there is documentation problem. Doc is very poor. There are many mistakes in it, it's also incomplete. I mean lua doc is incomplete but windbot itself also lacks documentation, specifics about what should be expected from various options for example. There are only some tutorials.

Ye but I agree that biggest priority should be to handle Tibia 11 client.

To be clear I think that windbot is a great tool and Lucas and others are doing masterpiece job here. Gratz and cheers.
    Well, I can sympathise as I've worked in the software testing industry for the last 7 years. Sadly, I also lose some sympathy because the sort of bugs that exist in Windbot would be laughed at by any of the companies I've worked for so far. In terms of docs, anyone is welcome to raise a pull request and they are public sourced, it's pretty much a stalemate situation... As long as certain features don't work as described, it's going to be difficult to update the docs in accordance with that.

Anyway, hopefully with Tibia 11 a few of the bugs will be resolved - Lucas doesn't really want to have to maintain 3 products, and as it is he's maintaining Wind2 Tibia 10, Wind2 Tibia 11, Wind3 Tibia 10. Failure to maintain either of these 3 "projects" would result in a lot of hours of work having been wasted. At some point in the future there will also be Wind3 Tibia 11 which will just add to it.

Time will tell, anyway, we're ahead of the game in terms of prep for Tibia 11, and there are other features which will come along with Wind3 which will blow your mind (aside from global waypoints and what not)...
    Interested in software development and/or programming for Tibia?
    Check out the new Tibia Programming Forums (TibiaPF) by clicking the image below.

Looking for a bot for the MMORPG, Medivia?
    Check out MediviaBotter, a powerful, injected bot by clicking the link below.