Signup Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Crappy net connection

Heyo!
    So I am having a problem with my net, we got like a fiber connection 100/10 if you use the cable. The thing is I'm not. I am playing through the wifi. The problem is that my net randomly just stop working for a few seconds (even mins sometimes), Which means that I die like 5 times/day if I try to bot. The fun part though, is that It works flawless on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge) for some reason.

Edit: it says that I am still connected to the internet but when I am trying to connect to any website, tibia, skype, teamspeak etc it doesnt work.

Anyone experienced this or know how to solve this?

Regards Glidarn

Don't use wireless / get a better rauter

Level Latest Scripts
    250+
    Oramond Sewers [MAGE |RP X1 | RP X2 |RP X3|EK X2 | EK X1]
    200+
    Banuta X2 [MAGE | RP]
    280+
    Roshamuul Mountain [RP]
    280+
    Ferumbras Lair [RP]
    250+
    Roshamuul North Silencers [RP]

Quote Originally Posted by ozzix View Post
    Don't use wireless / get a better rauter
    I'm not braindead, Don't you think I would have used a cable if I could. I moved back home 'cause of studies and can't have a cable laying around the house. The router is a quite new Asus so thats not the problem either. Also as I wrote before, it works pretty good on my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Glidarn View Post
    I'm not braindead, Don't you think I would have used a cable if I could. I moved back home 'cause of studies and can't have a cable laying around the house. The router is a quite new Asus so thats not the problem either. Also as I wrote before, it works pretty good on my phone.
    Many don't know wireless is a issue for shitty net, so I can't rly assume that you ofcourse would have avoided it if you could, but i'll just assume you know the rest about wireless then

Level Latest Scripts
    250+
    200+
    Banuta X2 [MAGE | RP]
    280+
    Roshamuul Mountain [RP]
    280+
    Ferumbras Lair [RP]
    250+

I do understand that wireless is not that great but I played wireless before and it worked fine, not the fastest net in the world but it is in fact playable. What really bothers me is that it works fine on my phone. It could ofc be something in the router that needs to be changed but I don't want to disable/config anything in there since I don't know what to change

I do understand that wireless is not that great but I played wireless before and it worked fine, not the fastest net in the world but it is in fact playable. What really bothers me is that it works fine on my phone. It could ofc be something in the router that needs to be changed but I don't want to disable/config anything in there since I don't know what to change
    Well say your net goes down for 2 sec for your phone? would you notice? while botting on your pc, ye, but not on ur phone, anyways, what do you use to connect from your pc to your rauter, and which rauter do you have, like model nr, and how's the connection, 2,4ghz or 5ghz?

Level Latest Scripts
    250+
    200+
    Banuta X2 [MAGE | RP]
    280+
    Roshamuul Mountain [RP]
    280+
    Ferumbras Lair [RP]
    250+

Things like turning on the microwave can easly disturb and kill the wifi signal.
    กิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิ ิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิ ิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิ ิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิ ิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิ ิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิ ิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิ ิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิก ิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิ ิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิ ิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิ ิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิ ิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิ ิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิ ิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิิ ิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิ ิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิ ิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิ ิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิ ิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิ ิิิิิิิิ

Quote Originally Posted by SuNe View Post
    Things like turning on the microwave can easly disturb and kill the wifi signal.
    I just read that aswell haha, well hmm might have solved it anyway.

http://www.registryrecycler.com/blog...n-windows-8-1/

Banned
    Heyo!
    So I am having a problem with my net, we got like a fiber connection 100/10 if you use the cable. The thing is I'm not. I am playing through the wifi. The problem is that my net randomly just stop working for a few seconds (even mins sometimes), Which means that I die like 5 times/day if I try to bot. The fun part though, is that It works flawless on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge) for some reason.

Edit: it says that I am still connected to the internet but when I am trying to connect to any website, tibia, skype, teamspeak etc it doesnt work.

Anyone experienced this or know how to solve this?

Regards Glidarn
    Seems like you already know, but a lot of household electronics will mess with your internet connection REGARDLESS if you get the best router. You need a wire if you want to stop the cut offs.

Thanks for the reply many, I did exactly as explained in the link and it workes really good now actually!

Code:
    Click Search icon on the Charms bar and type Command Prompt in the search box
    Right click the search result and choose to Run as administrator
    Type the command NETSH INT IP RESET C:\RESTLOG.TXT and press Enter key
    Give the following commands to first, disable the Windows Scaling heuristics, disable TCP/IP Auto tuning and then enable RSS.
    Type the command NETSH INT TCP SET HEURISTICS DISABLED and hit Enter
    Type NETSH INT TCP SET GLOBAL AUTOTUNINGLEVEL=DISABLED and hit Enter
    Type the command NETSH INT TCP SET GLOBAL RSS=ENABLED and hit Enter

Windows has the ability to change the TCP Autotuning level on its own. The command lines written above stop such a behavior of Windows.