Signup Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Input when hunting

I remember the old days when Neo was still around, that one of the last update that ekx made was a textbox that would open up whenever you were hunting and wanted to type whatever message you wanted so when the bot gets a free time it would type that same message, that way you wouldnt end up having to type beetween spells. Thats my suggestion, do that again for windbot 3.0, if that wasnt already in your plan, Lucas.

Just open console (Help > Console or Ctrl + E) and and type

say('<message>')

Free User
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael View Post

say('<message>')
    There should be input window, that gonna copy and paste text in chat channel... if i put a message in console and the bot uses a spell the text dissapear.

Quote Originally Posted by victorcx View Post
    There should be input window, that gonna copy and paste text in chat channel... if i put a message in console and the bot uses a spell the text dissapear.
    Use WindAddons.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Justx View Post
    I remember the old days when Neo was still around, that one of the last update that ekx made was a textbox that would open up whenever you were hunting and wanted to type whatever message you wanted so when the bot gets a free time it would type that same message, that way you wouldnt end up having to type beetween spells. Thats my suggestion, do that again for windbot 3.0, if that wasnt already in your plan, Lucas.
    +1
    Sounds awesome ;D

I hardly ever bot afk, I almost always babysit. This would be a very nice function in my opinion. Nice idea.

say('<message>')

Thats not even close to what I'm suggesting, and with windaddons its still possible that the bot presses a hotkey and you lose your message, could try to stop work around the suggestion and really suggest what I've asked for to @Lucas Terra?

Thats not even close to what I'm suggesting, and with windaddons its still possible that the bot presses a hotkey and you lose your message, could try to stop work around the suggestion and really suggest what I've asked for to @Lucas Terra?
    If that's not what you're asking, then I beg you to clarify, because that's exactly what the feature on Neobot you mentioned did. And, no, I can't stop trying to provide good enough alternatives to suggestions that I know are not going to be implemented any time soon because I'm aware of our priorities at the moment.

If that's not what you're asking, then I beg you to clarify, because that's exactly what the feature on Neobot you mentioned did. And, no, I can't stop trying to provide good enough alternatives to suggestions that I know are not going to be implemented any time soon because I'm aware of our priorities at the moment.
    On neo, when you pressed enter on your tibia client, and you were cavebotting, an input box would pop up were you type at tibia, so you would type your message at this box and click or press send at it, then, when the bot had some time after casting spells it would type the message that you typed (fast) at the input box and send it like it was you who typed, this way you would lose you message halfway typying it like you do nowadays. Because if its a long message the bot casts a spell in the middle of your typing you lose your message. The function that you are suggesting to use otherwise is not as usefull as the one I'm suggesting, I would have to open my windbot, click on console, type a code, type my message and then send it. The way it was on Neo was much better and usefull. That's what I'm asking, is it clear enough why what you suggested isn't as usefull as what I'm asking?

Many people said it would be nice to have this function at the previous posts, I know that @Lucas Terra is busy with the windbot, and I respect that but we do have a Suggestion board so we can give suggestions, if the suggestions are going to be ignored because he's developing the new windbot then maybe we should close this board till them, I dont think thats the case, right? Personally dont think this implementation would be of any more trouble to him than the new windbot is, it can be released at windbot 3.0, or 3.0.1, there is no rush, the bot already makes everything we need this is just a whim.
    Regards.
    Last edited by Justx; 01-31-2015 at 01:26 PM.

On neo, when you pressed enter on your tibia client, and you were cavebotting, an input box would pop up were you type at tibia, so you would type your message at this box and click or press send at it, then, when the bot had some time after casting spells it would type the message that you typed (fast) at the input box and send it like it was you who typed, this way you would lose you message halfway typying it like you do nowadays. Because if its a long message the bot casts a spell in the middle of your typing you lose your message. The function that you are suggesting to use otherwise is not as usefull as the one I'm suggesting, I would have to open my windbot, click on console, type a code, type my message and then send it. The way it was on Neo was much better and usefull. That's what I'm asking, is it clear enough why what you suggested isn't as usefull as what I'm asking?

Many people said it would be nice to have this function at the previous posts, I know that @Lucas Terra is busy with the windbot, and I respect that but we do have a Suggestion board so we can give suggestions, if the suggestions are going to be ignored because he's developing the new windbot then maybe we should close this board till them, I dont think thats the case, right? Personally dont think this implementation would be of any more trouble to him than the new windbot is, it can be released at windbot 3.0, or 3.0.1, there is no rush, the bot already makes everything we need this is just a whim.
    Regards.
    As I mentioned, what I proposed has the exact same end result, even though there's a bit more hassle.
    Now, I'm not saying this won't ever be implemented nor that it wouldn't be useful (after all, I didn't mark it as rejected), all I did was suggest a decent alternative to something that might still take a while to be implemented. Not because I don't want it to be implemented but because I want people to have alternatives while it isn't.
    I hope this clears this grudge because I clearly don't want to start any argument, all I want to do is help.