Signup Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Free User

Buying Account, some questions..

Hello,

I've just bought an account from a guy, how to proceed correctly to not get hacked?

He just sent me password but also he asks me to order a new recovery key, as fast as possible. The new R-Key will go on his email, right? So renewing the recovery key directly would be a stupid move right?

Should i wait 30 days and then change it? I'll receive it on my email then..

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by karolusxd View Post
    Hello,

I've just bought an account from a guy, how to proceed correctly to not get hacked?

He just sent me password but also he asks me to order a new recovery key, as fast as possible. The new R-Key will go on his email, right? So renewing the recovery key directly would be a stupid move right?

Should i wait 30 days and then change it? I'll receive it on my email then..

Thanks!
    1- change email
    2- wait your change email
    3- new r-key
    4- pay the char

If you prefer dworak provides a sale and exchange service that is safer.
    ..:: DvScripts ::.. Middleman Services !! The Best !! The Lowest Fees !! Check it out !!

Free User
    Quote Originally Posted by Cisco View Post
    1- change email
    2- wait your change email
    3- new r-key
    4- pay the char

If you prefer dworak provides a sale and exchange service that is safer.
    ..:: DvScripts ::.. Middleman Services !! The Best !! The Lowest Fees !! Check it out !!
    Hi, thanks for your answer, the thing is i bought the account from an auction from a website called "allegro" (polish), the seller asks me by email to change directly the R-Key, i won't do it, i will wait 30 days to change the email and then only buy the R-Key. If he does a bad move i can easily go in justice with that. The thing is, should i alraedy buy pacc on it & play it? (With authentificator activated)

@karolusxd The new Recovery Key will arrive via MAIL not email. You need to change the Account Registration Address, wait 30 days, accept the change, then order a new Recovery Key and wait some days until it arrive on your address (estimated time to deliver depends where you live).

The safest way, for you, is make these steps and when you receive your letter pay the seller.

Tho, without a middleman one of the sides will have to trust (which can be risky) on the other side, so, said that, I STRONGLY recommend to make your deals using a middleman.

Level Latest Scripts by Dehan
    250+
    [EK & ED & MS & RP] [Navigation] Prison -1
    200+
    [EK & ED & MS] [Navigation] Asura Palace
    200+
    [EK & ED] [Navigation] Lower Roshamuul Softcore

Hi, thanks for your answer, the thing is i bought the account from an auction from a website called "allegro" (polish), the seller asks me by email to change directly the R-Key, i won't do it, i will wait 30 days to change the email and then only buy the R-Key. If he does a bad move i can easily go in justice with that. The thing is, should i alraedy buy pacc on it & play it? (With authentificator activated)
    You posted it when I was writing my reply above.

Well, if you already have a recovery key you can use to change the account email. It is pointless because I assume the seller also have it, so any of you can change the account email instantly at any time.

If he gives you a CONFIRMATION KEY, you can generate a new Recovery Key using it. It is better/safer but if the account registration is still on his address he will be able to order a new key and screw you at any time until the address changes.

250+
    200+
    200+

Free User
    Quote Originally Posted by Dehan View Post
    You posted it when I was writing my reply above.

Well, if you already have a recovery key you can use to change the account email. It is pointless because I assume the seller also have it, so any of you can change the account email instantly at any time.
    Well yes, so if i follow the logic, i should wait the 30 days to change the email, so the last owner wouldn't have access to the new r-key, right?

#Edit

What do you mean when you're talking about the Confirmation Key? Where should he get it? He just gave me the login & password and the recovery key, he added a comment "Please change really fast the confirmation key" that's what made me think he wants to do something bad @Dehan
    Last edited by karolusxd; 04-21-2017 at 09:21 PM.

Well yes, so if i follow the logic, i should wait the 30 days to change the email, so the last owner wouldn't have access to the new r-key, right?

#Edit

What do you mean when you're talking about the Confirmation Key? Where should he get it? He just gave me the login & password and the recovery key, he added a comment "Please change really fast the confirmation key" that's what made me think he wants to do something bad @Dehan
    I will try to explain how the system works:

When you order a new Recovery Key, CipSoft generates a CONFIRMATION Key, prints a letter and send to your account address by MAIL (physical address).
    Then, after receiving the letter, you use the Confirmation Key to generate a new Recovery Key on the website.

As I said above, If he gave you a CONFIRMATION KEY, you can generate a new Recovery Key using it. It is better/safer but if the account registration is still on his address he will be able to order a new key and screw you at any time until the account registration address changes.

250+
    200+
    200+

Free User
    Quote Originally Posted by Dehan View Post
    I will try to explain how the system works:

When you order a new Recovery Key, CipSoft generates a CONFIRMATION Key, prints a letter and send to your account address by MAIL (physical address).
    Then, after receiving the letter, you use the Confirmation Key to generate a new Recovery Key on the website.

As I said above, If he gave you a CONFIRMATION KEY, you can generate a new Recovery Key using it. It is better/safer but if the account registration is still on his address he will be able to order a new key and screw you at any time until the account registration address changes.
    Okay, firstly, thank you for your help,
    Secondly, should i email him and ask him to order a new recovery key, to his mail address, then give me the code (Confirmation key), and if it's correct i'll pay for it by a private way, then everything should be correct right?

So i've got 2 options there :
    - Ask him to command one to his Mail Address then give it to me (Confirmation key) & i'll send him the money on paypal, and then i can start to play it,
    - Tell him i won't command directly the recovery key but wait 30 days and then order it on my Email (Is there a possibility to choose Email or Mail address?)

Thanks

Okay, firstly, thank you for your help,
    Secondly, should i email him and ask him to order a new recovery key, to his mail address, then give me the code (Confirmation key), and if it's correct i'll pay for it by a private way, then everything should be correct right?

So i've got 2 options there :
    - Ask him to command one to his Mail Address then give it to me (Confirmation key) & i'll send him the money on paypal, and then i can start to play it,
    - Tell him i won't command directly the recovery key but wait 30 days and then order it on my Email (Is there a possibility to choose Email or Mail address?)

Thanks
    You need to order a confirmation key to a physical address. It is not possible for CipSoft to deliver it via email.

You can only order to the address which the account is registered to, which should be the previous owner. In these circumstances, however, the address takes 30 days to change and you'd only normally sell an account without recovery key if you were within that time period (otherwise you would order a confirmation key).

It's also worth noting, since you probably don't know this either, that you can have multiple confirmation keys for an account at any time. If you buy an account, login, and see a recent confirmation key has been ordered, you should be suspicious. If you then change info, order a recovery key, then stuff the account with valuable items, within 3 months he can still use his confirmation key and take the account back temporarily, robbing you of said items. It's unrelated to this case, I guess, but if you're going to be trading it's worth knowing.
    Interested in software development and/or programming for Tibia?
    Check out the new Tibia Programming Forums (TibiaPF) by clicking the image below.

Looking for a bot for the MMORPG, Medivia?
    Check out MediviaBotter, a powerful, injected bot by clicking the link below.

Free User
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    You need to order a confirmation key to a physical address. It is not possible for CipSoft to deliver it via email.

You can only order to the address which the account is registered to, which should be the previous owner. In these circumstances, however, the address takes 30 days to change and you'd only normally sell an account without recovery key if you were within that time period (otherwise you would order a confirmation key).

It's also worth noting, since you probably don't know this either, that you can have multiple confirmation keys for an account at any time. If you buy an account, login, and see a recent confirmation key has been ordered, you should be suspicious. If you then change info, order a recovery key, then stuff the account with valuable items, within 3 months he can still use his confirmation key and take the account back temporarily, robbing you of said items. It's unrelated to this case, I guess, but if you're going to be trading it's worth knowing.
    Hi, i've checked if he has some other confirmation key's in his Payment historys, and only one recovery key commanded 3 months ago.

I'm planning to play it by myself, not trading in any way so it shouldn't be a major problem.

With all the help i've got today, the best solution would be to contact the seller and ask him to command a confirmation key and then directly give it to me right? So i can order a recovery-key that he will not "see"..

Another question, can i play it, with authentificator or would it be safer to wait the approx. month to fully play it?

P.S. Someone know how much time does it take for Cipsoft to deliver that confirmation key?

Thanks.