Signup Now

Client Paused - Bot walked through waypoints anyway

I encountered something really strange;

While I was just walking around, adding waypoints/special areas etc, pausing the bot on and off because I wanted to test stuff. All of a sudden the bot just kept going through the waypoint list, even tho the bot was paused, cavebot,looting & targeting disabled - cavebot and targeting working, but looting was somehow off?

Also, during this time it could not be seen with the human eye that it was going through waypoints via the Windbot-window. It kept saying it was still on the same waypoint as when it got paused, even tho it ran around, fully functional, doing location checker etc as if it was working normal, except for the looting which wasnt working.

Super weird.

When I closed down tibia + windbot, restarted it, all was working exceptionally fine, even tho it was the exact same XML file loaded, 0 changes in between them.

How did this happend?

http://i.imgur.com/ZGf30Pt.jpg

Paid Scripts thread is now live!

This really sounds to me like you had a second WindBot open and just didn't realise. Are you sure that wasn't the case? Keep in mind when you click the cross to close WindBot, it actually minimises to system tray (doesn't exit). I know you're a pretty savvy guy so please don't be offended by this suggestion, just the only way I can see it coming about.
    Interested in software development and/or programming for Tibia?
    Check out the new Tibia Programming Forums (TibiaPF) by clicking the image below.

Looking for a bot for the MMORPG, Medivia?
    Check out MediviaBotter, a powerful, injected bot by clicking the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by XtrmJosh View Post
    This really sounds to me like you had a second WindBot open and just didn't realise. Are you sure that wasn't the case? Keep in mind when you click the cross to close WindBot, it actually minimises to system tray (doesn't exit). I know you're a pretty savvy guy so please don't be offended by this suggestion, just the only way I can see it coming about.
    Hehe none taken. And no, Im pretty sure it was the only client I had since I recall closing the client + WB (didnt have MC on either) and then simply restarting it and it was working fine.

Even if I did have a second client open, it shouldent have been iterating through my code that I just had applied? I mean I was actually creating the script so theres no way the other client could've had the code to actually run the script simultaneously since it hadent been saved & opened.

Anyway all of this is a non-issue for me as long as it doesnt happend again. Just thought it was worth reporting since it was quite odd..
    http://i.imgur.com/ZGf30Pt.jpg

Paid Scripts thread is now live!

Quote Originally Posted by Bollo View Post
    Hehe none taken. And no, Im pretty sure it was the only client I had since I recall closing the client + WB (didnt have MC on either) and then simply restarting it and it was working fine.

Even if I did have a second client open, it shouldent have been iterating through my code that I just had applied? I mean I was actually creating the script so theres no way the other client could've had the code to actually run the script simultaneously since it hadent been saved & opened.

Anyway all of this is a non-issue for me as long as it doesnt happend again. Just thought it was worth reporting since it was quite odd..
    Keep an eye on it and if it happens again we'll do more investigation I guess... Sometimes these things are just querks that we have to live with until we spent a lot of time working out how they come about.
    Interested in software development and/or programming for Tibia?
    Check out the new Tibia Programming Forums (TibiaPF) by clicking the image below.

Looking for a bot for the MMORPG, Medivia?
    Check out MediviaBotter, a powerful, injected bot by clicking the link below.