Signup Now
    Free User

Magic Level variables

Since now you can see the magic level by browsing the mouse on the skill bar, would be great if a variable could detect which is your original Magic level and if you are debuffed OR boosted by items.

I don't really see the use for this, and I can almost guarantee it wont be added to the core of the bot as it can be achieved via lua (check if item x is equiped, reduce magiclevel in a custom var by x)

As above it's highly unlikely that this will be implemented. It's nice, don't get me wrong, but not remotely essential and it's another drag on updates etc. There's a lot of stuff we could do this for (entire skills window, for instance, but it would take longer each time the client updates, etc.
    Interested in software development and/or programming for Tibia?
    Check out the new Tibia Programming Forums (TibiaPF) by clicking the image below.

Looking for a bot for the MMORPG, Medivia?
    Check out MediviaBotter, a powerful, injected bot by clicking the link below.

Free User
    Quote Originally Posted by XtrmJosh View Post
    As above it's highly unlikely that this will be implemented. It's nice, don't get me wrong, but not remotely essential and it's another drag on updates etc. There's a lot of stuff we could do this for (entire skills window, for instance, but it would take longer each time the client updates, etc.
    Well the reason im using WindBot is exactly because it can reach almost all variables in-game. This magic level variable is useful to my scripts and thats the reason im suggesting this on this board.

I am botting a place where Silencers debuff my characters all the time. I am using a workaround but anyway would be a good feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonin View Post
    Well the reason im using WindBot is exactly because it can reach almost all variables in-game. This magic level variable is useful to my scripts and thats the reason im suggesting this on this board.

I am botting a place where Silencers debuff my characters all the time. I am using a workaround but anyway would be a good feature.
    Why must you use a workaround? Does it not update when your magic level drops or something? If that's the case, it might be possible to add some option to update magic level / distance fighting / shielding skills instantly (useful because those skills can all be reduced by abilities ingame)... I understand why knowing that it's dropped is useful, but knowing precisely what it's dropped too doesn't seem all that important to me.
    Check out the new Tibia Programming Forums (TibiaPF) by clicking the image below.

To be fair I was thinking exactly about this a couple of hours ago. It's something I really see being implemented when we land Tibia 11 support, along with food time.

Food time would be insanely useful for reducing risk of deletion, but I still don't see how this requirement is so critical. I can understand how it would be nice, but I see that it adds ongoing maintenance and doesn't really add any useful functionality...

Food time would be insanely useful for reducing risk of deletion, but I still don't see how this requirement is so critical. I can understand how it would be nice, but I see that it adds ongoing maintenance and doesn't really add any useful functionality...
    Assuming you use eatfood()/eatfoodfull() you already have access to a pretty good approximate food time through gethungrytime(). Still, adding stuff like this is nice not only because of the possibilities this provides, which are, I admit, kinda uknown*, but also so you can have a feature complete solution. It is at least odd to have access to 95% of the stuff on the Skills window and have 5% missing. Also, I don't believe the added maintenance really is something to be taken into account here (although I have very little knowledge of the inner workings of WindBot - or any bot, for that matter - so I might be spreading some bullshit here).

* While it is unknown, lots of stuff we use today also didn't have many utilities before we had them. For a while, no one had used $cursor until I figured we could use it to get the pointed item's id. No one had used special areas for lure control until quite a while after they were added (their original intention was to avoid falling in holes and stuff). Anyway, my point is, people find a lot of unknown use cases for unused features.
    Last edited by Raphael; 07-27-2016 at 04:03 AM.

Free User
    Why must you use a workaround? Does it not update when your magic level drops or something? If that's the case, it might be possible to add some option to update magic level / distance fighting / shielding skills instantly (useful because those skills can all be reduced by abilities ingame)... I understand why knowing that it's dropped is useful, but knowing precisely what it's dropped too doesn't seem all that important to me.
    The $mlevel variable do update correctly, the thing is, i have characters hunting silencers in a range of levels 30 to 450+, their magic levels are completely different, and whenever i need to detect if my magic level is debuffed or not, the magic levels can vary from 25 (on the low-level characters) to 110 (on high-level characters). But my point is that with this variable, my code would be precise. I can store $mlevel information and use it to check if im debuffed or not, and even with that, the best solution is to detect if i am being debuffed by a global variable since it is easily available on the skills window.

As i said, i already did a good workaround, but when i was making the script i thought posting it here since WindBot developers care about its quality and this is an important detail, to reach all possible variables regarding the client, and this is one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
    To be fair I was thinking exactly about this a couple of hours ago. It's something I really see being implemented when we land Tibia 11 support, along with food time.
    Yeap. $foodtime will be there on the next version. I can also implement those skill variables too, no problem.