Signup Now
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    It can be obfuscated with any Lua compiler but not encrypted to use in a single computer/account. But like HjugO said it's very risky.

I believe if Lucas add an encryption system in WindBot he could simply delete or don't let anyone encrypt codes with say("transfer 0 to X") and other stuff, but not like moving items via parcel. That would be impossible to detect if is the script doing some legal action or not. So there's come the risky thing.

Wind Tester
    I think most people dont even know what we are talking about, they have no idea that you can send items by parcel, scripts in general can be risky to use (i you are not checking for that kind of things).

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    It can be obfuscated with any Lua compiler but not encrypted to use in a single computer/account. But like HjugO said it's very risky.

I believe if Lucas add an encryption system in WindBot he could simply delete or don't let anyone encrypt codes with say("transfer 0 to X") and other stuff, but not like moving items via parcel. That would be impossible to detect if is the script doing some legal action or not. So there's come the risky thing.
    Actually, it can be done so that it is attachable to an account. And even say('transfer x to y') can't be properly detected with code like this:

local x = 'refsnart'
    local y = ''

for i = #x, 1 do
    y = y .. x:char(i)
    end

say(y .. ' 50000 to Raphael')

And this is to mention one of the simplest way to trick the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
    Actually, it can be done so that it is attachable to an account. And even say('transfer x to y') can't be properly detected with code like this:

local x = 'refsnart'
    local y = ''

for i = #x, 1 do
    y = y .. x:char(i)
    end

And this is to mention one of the simplest way to trick the system.
    Yeah, but you're getting old.

local x = 'refsnart'
    local y = ''

for i = #x, 1, -1 do
    y = y .. x:sub(i, i)
    end

local x = 'refsnart'
    local y = ''

for i = #x, 1, -1 do
    end

Ço many langaugiz.

local x = 'refsnart'
    local y = ''

for i = #x, 1, -1 do
    end

I lol'd this. @Raphael lost his throne I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Justx View Post
    I lol'd this. @Raphael lost his throne I guess.
    My throne has always been and will always be mine.

Not signed.

You see, this idea is good BUT what about the users who paid (me for example, i've bought 28 scripts already, single scripts and packs) who likes to change things on the cavebot waypoints, looter.. ? Like giving it a randomizer (with actions to randomize waypoints, a larger node) or even the defect scripts ? By blocking the entire script the ones who PAID would be forced to wait until the scripter fix things or add things and its not what i want, if i pay for a product i want to change whatever i want to fit my way to think and play the game, to be personal. I only buy scripts because its faster, all i have to do is change the actions, some waypoints, the looter and then im done.
    I've changed not working waypoint/action on like 90% scripts i paid for.

Its just like piracy, the buyers will suffer even more than the ones who uses it for free.
    What if theres a script with wrong waypoints or tibia gets updated and the path changes and the scripter is on vacation ? The buyers would've to wait days, weeks until its fixed.

You gave a very restrictive idea. Maybe a more permissive system would be fine.

You have to think on your costumers when its about selling something, and not only on yourself (the sellers)
    Last edited by downloadkct; 12-04-2014 at 07:27 PM.
    Old 'n Proud Neobot-Elfbot and blackd user

Wind Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by downloadkct View Post
    Not signed.

You see, this idea is good BUT what about the users who paid (me for example, i've bought 28 scripts already, single scripts and packs) who likes to change things on the cavebot waypoints, looter.. ? Like giving it a randomizer (with actions to randomize waypoints, a larger node) or even the defect scripts ? By blocking the entire script the ones who PAID would be forced to wait until the scripter fix things or add things and its not what i want, if i pay for a product i want to change whatever i want to fit my way to think and play the game, to be personal. I only buy scripts because its faster, all i have to do is change the actions, some waypoints, the looter and then im done.
    I've changed not working waypoint/action on like 90% scripts i paid for.

Its just like piracy, the buyers will suffer even more than the ones who uses it for free.
    What if theres a script with wrong waypoints or tibia gets updated and the path changes and the scripter is on vacation ? The buyers would've to wait days, weeks until its fixed.

You gave a very restrictive idea. Maybe a more permissive system would be fine.

You have to think on your costumers when its about selling something, and not only on yourself (the sellers)
    I have solution for you. Make your own script. And well, if you have to fix paid scripts, what can i tell. Just stop buying bugged scripts.

Free User
    I disagree. I will never buy scripts, which I can't edit. I always edit bought scrip(REPAIR BUGS, move wpt, add wpt, change healing, add actions, etc) to make better exp, profit, make script more safe.
    Ok, script can be use by only one user, it's good solutions.