Signup Now

A suggestion which we had on BlackD

I have a simple suggestion, several years ago (maybe even 10 years ago) i was helping daniel (thats how i won a lifetime license back then) to make his bot (blackd proxy) safer and we came up with a very good idea.

A option inside the cavebot settings to RANDOMIZE every node, like if its x:11111 and y:22222 it could randomly walk 1 sqm further to any other direction but only 1 sqm, like if there were 8 stands next to the node's sqm and it would walk to it instead of walking to the same node's sqm, but randomly.
    I know the bot ignores the node if you are x sqm near it but if you dont then the bot just walk/click to it.
    It wouldnt randomize stands, Use waypoints, rope and etc, just the normal waypoint which we use to walk inside the cave.

Edit:
    I think Daniel implemented this random thing to randomize the mapclicks, not sure though
    Old 'n Proud Neobot-Elfbot and blackd user

We have that, it's called waypoint range.

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
    We have that, it's called waypoint range.
    True but you have to setup every single waypoint on blackd it used to be automatic

Quote Originally Posted by downloadkct View Post
    True but you have to setup every single waypoint on blackd it used to be automatic
    On BlackD it used to suck.
    What would it do here? Suppose it randomizes to North-West, you're screwed. Suppose it randomizes to north, you're even more screwed.

On BlackD it used to suck.
    What would it do here? Suppose it randomizes to North-West, you're screwed. Suppose it randomizes to north, you're even more screwed.

I agree with you, what about a smart randomizer ? lol, anyways it was just a suggestion, and it didnt suck on blackd, i used to use it all the time

Quote Originally Posted by downloadkct View Post
    I agree with you, what about a smart randomizer ? lol, anyways it was just a suggestion, and it didnt suck on blackd, i used to use it all the time
    I'm sorry, I tend to be unnecessarily aggressive when ranting about others' poor design choices.
    It's not feasible to write a randomizer that's smart enough to prevent these problems while still being useful.

If you really want something like that, I wrote a 10 line Lua script that replaces all Nodes with range 1 for Nodes 1 sqm to the north and 1 to the west, with range 3.

local filename = 'Yalahar - Nightmares.xml'

local handler = io.open(filename, 'r')
    local fcontent = handler:read('*all')
    handler:close()

fcontent = fcontent:gsub('<Waypoint type="Node" [^=]+="([^"]+)" [^=]+="([^"]+)" [^=]+="([^"]+)" rangeX="1" rangeY="1"/>', function(x, y, z) return '<Waypoint type="Node" x="' .. x - 1 .. '" y="' .. y - 1 .. '" z="' .. z .. '" rangeX="3" rangeY="3"/>' end)
    handler = io.open(filename, 'w')
    handler:write(fcontent)

I'm sorry, I tend to be unnecessarily aggressive when ranting about others' poor design choices.
    It's not feasible to write a randomizer that's smart enough to prevent these problems while still being useful.

If you really want something like that, I wrote a 10 line Lua script that replaces all Nodes with range 1 for Nodes 1 sqm to the north and 1 to the west, with range 3.

local filename = 'Yalahar - Nightmares.xml'

local handler = io.open(filename, 'r')
    local fcontent = handler:read('*all')

fcontent = fcontent:gsub('<Waypoint type="Node" [^=]+="([^"]+)" [^=]+="([^"]+)" [^=]+="([^"]+)" rangeX="1" rangeY="1"/>', function(x, y, z) return '<Waypoint type="Node" x="' .. x - 1 .. '" y="' .. y - 1 .. '" z="' .. z .. '" rangeX="3" rangeY="3"/>' end)
    handler = io.open(filename, 'w')
    handler:write(fcontent)
    Ok, ill try it when the double xp is over thanks for your time, i would rep+ you but i cant, already did for another reason xD