Signup Now

Here's to a new Era~

Okay so I've started using this bot, just testing out the functions and trying to make a noob hunting script.

I'll eventually make more and more tips for people and leave them at the top.
    Below the tips will be extra info that you can read through if needed (the tips will summarize the below info)

[SIZE=14px]TIP # 1[/SIZE]
    Save settings and cavebot independently, when I used the "save both" function It only saved my healer options and not my waypoints, looting, targeting etc.
    (This could just me a problem on my side, but either test it yourself and make sure, or be safer rather than sorry and just save them one by one)

[SIZE=14px]TIP # 2[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14px]Visit this link for some help with a few actions/.lua/scripting functions[/SIZE]
    http://www.tibiawindbot.com/lua-functions.html

[SIZE=14px]TIP # 3[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14px]?make absolutely sure that whenever you change the waypoint placement from "c" (centre) to anything else, that you change it back to "C" or you're pretty much going to be screwed if you keep making waypoints with it off centre.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=16px]Random Info that may help[/SIZE]

I don't know if this is only for me, but when I make waypoints etc and click "Save both" it won't actually save my "cavebot, looting, supplies, targetting" section, just the healer.

I assume that "settings" is the "Healer" tab and "cavebot" is the "cavebot, looting, supplies, targetting" tabs and possibly more such as "HUDs, "scripter" etc.

[SIZE=20px]NOT COMPLETED, WORKING ON IT
    PRETTY MUCH COMPLETELY WRONG, DO NOT FOLLOW THIS, I'LL CHANGE IT ALL LATER
    Step by Step guide on making your own waypoints / refiller / depositor.
    [/SIZE]

ACTIONS/.LUA'S THAT I NEED, PLEASE HELP ME IF YOU KNOW THEM!
    • Backpack Opener (close backpacks / re-open backpacks for the start of the script)
    • Depositor action
    • If potions lower than x the goto label "refill" else goto label hunt" (I need in correct format pleaseeee)
    • Reach and talk with NPC??
    • Combining supply checkers so that I can check for more than just one ID in the same LUA. The below LUA is what I have atm, I want that to check for all supplies I'm using not just small mana potion
    if itemcount(268) < 10 then
    gotolabel(0, 'refill')
    end?
    I'm not the best scripter and will need a fair bit of help from the community to do this.
    I know what is needed to be done and where, but writing the actual ,lua itself and the action is what I will need some help with.
    Constructive criticism is strongly welcomed. Please help where you can

IMPORTANT:
    • Labels and actions must correspond in terms of case sensitivity. If the action says "goto label refill" then the label must be exactly that "refill" and not "Refill"
    • Make sure you change waypoint placement back to "C" If ever changed (Explained in due course)
    Step 1
    • Open the cavebot tab > settings tab.
    • Edit the settings here for which shovel / rope / machete / pick you will use whist botting.
    • Node range is how far from the waypoint/node you to be for it to recognise nodes as being reached. (It's good to use nodes when you do not need to be on that exact square, it means that it's not always walking the EXACT same path for hours on end)
    • Walk with map clicks is often much smoother, though if you find that the bot can not reach the next waypoint it may be because the path is blocked, using arrow keys will often fix this (depending on the spawn making your waypoints closer together is always a good idea to minimise the risk of your character not being able to map click to the next node)
    • Open the Supplies > SupplyList tab and at the top right you can "add new item"
    • Now simply enter what supplies you will need, what number of supplies to leave the cave at, and how many to buy up to.
    Step 2
    • Open the cavebot tab > waypoints tab.
    • Start the script in DP (for the sake of learning, let's keep it easy and start all scripts in dp)
    • Make an action with the label "open backpacks". Double click the "action" section at the end of the action waypoint u just made.
    • In this window, enter the following:
    Someone please help me with a backpack closer / reopener

• TO BE CONTINUED~ (need help with backpack opener)
    Step 3
    • Make a stand node in the DP where you can see the most amount of Deposit box's to use.
    • Make an action with the label "deposit". Open the "Action" section.
    • In this window paste the following .lua
    reachgrounditem('depot')
    openitem('depot') wait(1700,2000)
    openitem(3502) wait(300,500)
    moveitems(5895, 'Depot Chest')
    moveitems(11489, 'Depot Chest')
    openitem(2867) wait(500,1000)
    moveitemsonto(3049, 2867, $lastonto)
    moveitemsonto(3051, 2867, $lastonto)

Step 4
    • Make a waypoint back to the middle of the depot.
    • Make an action label "check supplies". Open the "Action" section.
    • In this window past the following .lua
    gotolabel(XXX, 'refill')
    end

• I NEED TO FIND THE FUNCTION TO MAKE IT GOTO LABEL "HUNT" IF NOT BELOW 10 MANAS
    • 268 is small mana potion (change this ID to the mana potion you are using)
    • <10 means less than 10
    • change XXX to the number your label "refill" is (which will be created later, but should be in the form of something like 018 not XXX)
    • Because I don't know how to make an action checking all supplies at once, I for now just duplicate this function changing the ID of which supply/ammo I need checked, example.
    if itemcount(266) < 5 then
    gotolabel(XXX, 'refill')
    end

• This means that if I have less than 5 health potions it will also go refill. You can do this as many times as needed unless you find an action to combine it all together.
    Step 5
    • Make a waypoint called "refill" (case sensitive)
    • Now simply make some waypoints from the DP to the bank.
    • Look at the bottom right of the waypoints tab. You'll see a sort of numpad with different things to choose (North West, North, North East), This means that the next waypoint will be made on that position (standard position is C for Centre).
    • If you are to the south of a ramp, MAKE SURE YOU MAKE A WAYPOINT ON THAT SQUARE FIRST so that it will walk south of the ramp and stand there.
    • Now change from "C" to "N", now add another stand waypoint. This means that it will walk 1 square North of your current position (up the ramp).
    • MAKE ABSOLUTELY SURE THAT YOU ALWAYS CHANGE BACK TO "C" AFTER DOING THIS, OT YOU WILL BE FUCKED.
    ?Step 6
    • Make a stand waypoint where you can speak to the NPC and label it "bank". Open the "Action" section.
    say('hi') wait(1500, 3000)
    npcsay('withdraw '..moneytowithdraw('a')) wait(500, 700)
    npcsay('yes') wait(500, 700)

• This means that it will withdraw the correct amount of money for all supplies/ammo under category "a" (We will get to supplies and categories later) (It will also withdraw the "Extra-Cash" value which can be changed in the Supplies > Settings tab at the bottom right. change this taking travel and any other costs into account)
    Step 7
    • Now that you have the money for your ammo/potions, let's go buy potions first.
    • Make waypoints from the bank to the Potion NPC (remembering to change the waypoint placement back to "C" if ever changed to another position).
    • Make a waypoint where you can speak with the potion NPC and label it "potions". Open the "Action" section.
    resupply() 

• After buying your potions at the NPC do another check for mana potions to make sure that you have actually bought the correct amount.
    • So create another action waypoint and label it "check2". Open the "Action" section.
    • Paste the following:
    if itemcount(268) < 50 then
    gotolabel(XXX, 'potions')
    end

• Change the "< 50" to the amount of potions you should have bought and change the "gotolabel XXX" to the potions label number.
    • If you need anything else other than potions, make sure it is also under catagory "a" so that you have cash for it.
    • Now simply make waypoints to whatever NPC you need to buy other stuff for and duplicate the function, changing the ID and amount for what you are buying.
    Step 8
    • Now that you have deposited all items and resupplied you're ready to go hunting.
    • When you checked for supplies, in the action it would have said goto label "refill" else goto label "hunt".
    • If you didn't need to restock then it would skip all that crap and go straight to the "hunt" label and start heading to the spawn.
    • So what you need to do now is make your refill waypoints meet up with the waypoints that would be after the label "hunt"
    • To keep this easy just make waypoints going back to the DP.
    • Now that you are in DP make a waypoint and label it "hunt"
    • This means that even if you didn't need to refill, it would still be in range to reach the label "hunt" and not get stuck. If you did need to restock, then you will now be back in DP and going to label "hunt".
    • Your script has now met and you now only need 1 set of waypoints going to the spawn. So after label "hunt" simply begin making waypoints toward the spawn. (REMEMBER TO CHANGE PLACEMENT TO "C" IF EVER CHANGED)
    ?Step 9
    • So now your depositor, withdrawing cash and buying supplies should work and you should have made waypoints to the start of your spawn.
    • Make a supply checker at the start of your spawn loop, so make a waypoint and label it "supplychecker" Open the "Action" section.
    gotolabel(XXX, 'leave')
    end

• I NEED TO FIND THE FUNCTION TO MAKE IT GOTO LABEL "KEEPHUNTING" IF NOT BELOW 10 MANAS
    • Change this around and duplicate it for the supplies and amounts you want to check.
    • If you want to make checkers throughout your spawn instead of just 1 at the start (which can be dangerous) then you have to do a few more labels and sets of waypoints. (if not, just make waypoints around your cave and skip yo step 10 as this is long and confusing).
    • If you make another checker on the other side of the cave (or on another floor), it may not be in range of your "leave" waypoint and will fuck up if that's the case. So to avoid any of that, each time you make a new checker throughout your spawn change the "gotolabel XXX leave" to something new such as "leave1", "leave2" etc.
    • Each time you make a new checker with a new "gotolabel XXX leaveX" you will need to create that exact label you have in the checker.
    • So for this example let's assume your second checker is on the other side of the cave and you've set it as "gotolabel XXX leave1"
    • Now after making that checker, you will create a new waypoint labelled "leave1" and have a new set of waypoints that will take you to the beginning of your spawn.
    • Once you arrive back at the start, do another supply check and have it "goto label XXX leave". The "leave" label will be what every checker comes back to.
    • IMPORTANT** After you have made the new checker with waypoints all the way back to the start, you must return to the checker and add a label called "keephunting". This means that if you did not need to refill, it will ignore that and goto label XXX "keephunting" which is in the same spot ofcourse.
    • From here you will just have your waypoints continue through the spawn, repeating the checker and "leaveX"/"keephuntingX" method if even more checkers are needed.
    • [SIZE=18px]OTHER EASIER METHOD[/SIZE]** A faster, less confusing and easier method of adding extra checkers would be to just add the and "leave" labels with exiting waypoints at the very bottom of your script, after your entire waypoint loop.
    • This would mean that, when it gets to the checker and doesn't need to leave it will just continue to the next waypoint. If it does need to leave then it will skip to the very bottom of the waypoints to the "leaveX" label and start making it's way out.
    • This just saves time and makes less room for error. So long story short, Make your checkers inside the spawn, but the "leaveX" labels after your waypoint loop.
    • make 100% sure if you ever change the placement from "C" to change it back to "C" after you have done what you need to do with it being off "C"
    ?Step 10
    • Now that you have made waypoints and checker(s) throughout your spawn, All that is left to do is make waypoints from your "leave" label back to DP.
    • All your checkers are made to come back to the start of the spawn, then perform another supply check (which will then force it to the main universal leave label named "leave".
    • So go ahead and make your waypoints from the "leave" label all the way back to DP in which your script will perform another loop and now you're ready to go watch a movie and gain EXP at the same time
    • MAKE SURE YOU CHANGE PLACEMENT BACK TO "C" IF EVER CHANGED FOR A REASON"
    • ?this is very important because if you forget, all waypoints will be made offset from "C" and could potentially fuck your script up causing you to redo a LOT.
    [SIZE=18px]KEEP IN MIND[/SIZE]
    • I haven't actually created a script myself yet, I am waiting on a few actions / .luas before I can complete one.
    • When someone releases a script I will be able to look at it and "borrow" their functions and implement them into mine.
    • When I have all functions and .Luas needed to make a full hunting loop, I will use this guide myself and make sure that all steps taken to make the script have been covered whilst editing it to be more free flowing.
    • This is unfortunately long and hopefully will be reduced in the future as I learn to combine Luas and functions, without taking away any important information from the guide.
    • Once I am able to make full hunting loops, I will begin to make a heap of scripts for lower levels, such as all rotworm, troll, golbin, rat and dragon spawns etc. I will start of making rotworm scripts etc to test it all out as I'm not the "best" right now, though once I start rolling I'll make higher tier waypoints and categorise them all nicely for people to search and download (by city > alphabetical order)
    [SIZE=20px]FEEDBACK[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14px]If this has helped you at all, or you think it will help you when all functions / Luas are available, please let me know.
    ,?I'll continue to update, develop this guide and make my own scripts so long as this is actually helping people, otherwise I wont bother wasting my time, cheers!!
    [/SIZE]

I saw you were stuck at depositer actions.

Check these functions:
    getcontainer, openitem, higherwindows and reachgrounditem

Summing up, what you can do to open depot is:
    reachgrounditem('depot')
    openitem('depot') wait(2000, 3000)
    openitem(3502) wait(2000, 3000)

To higher a window one time, do (this will higher the window in your first opened container):
    higherwindows(0, true)

To open a window again do:
    openitem('red backpack', 0)

And yes, you are absolutely right.

Save Settings - Healer, Scripter (which includes Hotkeys and Persistents), HUDs and Settings.
    Save Cavebot... - Alerts, Cavebot, Targeting, Looting and Supplies.
    Save Both... - Saves all of them.

I'll check what's wrong with Save Both, and I'll get back to you.

Hey mate,

Thanks for the help, I've changed the guide with what you've told me
    Although I don't understand the
    higherwindows(0, true)

What would I use this for?
    I've been up all night doing this and it's 5:20 AM so I'm probably seeming like a retard but is it to close all backpacks? :P

And for a backpack resetter, I would just add multiple lines of
    openitem('red backpack', 0)

after closing all backpacks?

ATM I'm needing the following things to help finish the guide:
    • Backpack Opener (close backpacks / re-open backpacks for the start of the script)
    • Depositor action
    • If potions lower than x the goto label "refill" else goto label hunt" (I need in correct format pleaseeee)
    • Reach and talk with NPC??
    • Combining supply checkers so that I can check for more than just one ID in the same LUA. The below LUA is what I have atm, I want that to check for all supplies I'm using not just small mana potion
    ?@Lucas Terra <- Also, how do I tagg someone so they get a notification? :P
    I tried to comment on your post to keep it neater, however It wouldn't let me easily edit my comment with dot points and coloured text unless I knew the code for that colour.
    So I made a new post instead of commenting :P

You just click on "quote".

To close backpacks you can use: closewindows.
    To reach an NPC: reachcreature
    To talk: say
    To NPC say: npcsay
    To iterate through each supply, do:
    foreach supplyitem i do
    printerror(i.id, i.uptocount)
    end

To iterate through each loot item, do:
    foreach lootingitem i do
    printerror(i.id, i.amountlooted)
    end

I'll write a complete Cavebot Tutorial really soon. It's a lot simpler than you think it is.