Signup Now
    Free User

HOW TO AVOID A SCAM VIA SKYPE! Check how to check!

Hello. Today I've decided to make a small tutorial how to check someones skype properly. There are many scammers predenting to be some known peoples like @smeg; , @Mentoll; , @Koksik22; and many others. I dont want to paste all the nicks because it is really a large list. The most important thing you should do before trade is a pm someone on the forums to confirm if you are talking to him on skype. Let me introduce my small tutorial

Firstly we seach for a good deal for us over the forum, then we look for the contact details.
    As we can know it is easier and better to contact via skype, so we have to find information what is the skype nick. Remember to always confirm the skype via pm.

Here we go :

Now we want to add this guy so I give the nick :

As you can see there are many mentolls over the skype so how to check which one is the guy? Well, the best way is to copy the nickname "Mentoll6" in this case and search for it. I gave only "Mentoll" just to make it more clarify.
    Now we think it is the correct one so we check the profile:

If the Skype is exacly the same as the nick on the forums you contact the right guy!

There may be a situation that you add someone already and keep talking with him but you are not sure if it is the correct skype. Like you can see marcin, but not mentoll6. You just have to click here:

And the information about profile will pop up same as before:

How people usually try to scam? They make similar skypes for example

Mentolll6 instead Mentoll6

Mentoll.6 instead Mentoll6

.smegtibia instead smegtibia

And many other things to make thier nick almost the same.

I hope it will help someone.

Mentoll

TIPS HOW TO PREVENT YOUR SKYPE FROM HACK!
    According to last news, more and more people are losing acces to thier skype. There was one hacker who was doing it before. There are 2 ways of getting the acces to the account .

First one is the password guessing. Someone might laugh but it really happens. Most of people have passwords like tibia123 . The only way to prevent this hack is to choose a good password, not the name123. The other thing you have to remember is to set diffrent passwords on your accounts over internet.

The second way to get acces to your skype is the password reset from skype. As I heard to prevent it you have to put some funds from your card to skype account, then when you'll try to recover your password you will have to put some info about the card. If you wont do this almost every skype is easy to take up.
    Last edited by Mentoll; 04-18-2016 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Upload images to imgur.com

Actually Selling :
    Tibianic stuff
    200ed npvp
    200ms npvp
    230ek npvp
    220 ek pvp
    100 k unreg
    150 ek pvp
    150 ed pvp
    160 ek yanara unreg
    130 rp npvp
    130k npvp
    acc with57+5 voucher !
    acc with49+5 voucher !
    Incoming Accounts ( not registered on me yet ) :
    Selling thread
    Middleman Service
    Skype "Mentoll6
    Follow me on facebook!

Good guide, hopefully this will help out many users.

havent checked but wouldnt it be close to impossible to see the difference between for ex mentoll6 and mentoIl6.
    my personal tip is to always make the deal itself over pm, or atleast confirm you're chatting with the real person by sending a pm or such
    Last edited by ozzix; 04-02-2015 at 10:50 AM. Reason: fixing typo

Level Latest Scripts
    250+
    Oramond Sewers [MAGE |RP X1 | RP X2 |RP X3|EK X2 | EK X1]
    200+
    Banuta X2 [MAGE | RP]
    280+
    Roshamuul Mountain [RP]
    280+
    Ferumbras Lair [RP]
    250+
    Roshamuul North Silencers [RP]

Wind Powered
    I Agree, its always good to PM guy on forum also !

Banned
    This gonna be very helpful. Thanks Marcin.

Nice!
    Thanks to god I dont use skype anymore xD, a lot of scammers try to use this way to scam guys
    If u can do one tutorial for avoid get scammed by paypal will be good, I remember I see one thread of that but idk where xD , this was not 100% safe but anyways you can probably win some dispute
    I AM BUYING ALL CASH 1,7 USD EACH KK! , BUY ALL TIBIA COINS 6.7 USD each 250 Tibia Coins AND BUY ALL TIBIA CHARACTERS!
    HOW CONTACT ME?

PRIVATE MENSSAGE ME IN WINDBOT FORUMS!

Also, a Skype can be hacked really easy so a confirm over PM should ALWAYS happend.

But other then that, good guide.

@Xiogurz No point of having a "anti-scam" guide for PayPal, since they do not support digital sales and unless you are really lucky, 99% of all chargebacks will be successful. So the best way is just to advice not using it at all.

@Mentoll ; i gave you a sticky, but you should change that a confirm over PM should ALWAYS happend to be sure.
    Last edited by SuNe; 04-02-2015 at 11:16 AM.
    กิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิ ิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิ ิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิ ิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิ ิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิ ิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิ ิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิ ิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิก ิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิ ิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิ ิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิ ิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิ ิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิ ิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิ ิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิิ ิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิ ิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิ ิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิ ิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิ ิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิกิิิิิิิิิิิิ ิิิิิิิิ