Signup Now
    Free User

Question regarding loot/dragging macros with xmousebuttoncontrol

Hi there,

So I have a question regarding the use of loot/dragging macros using xmousebutton control in tibia rl.

I was hoping that someone with good understanding on how macros work in general could tell me if it's safe to use this program to drag loot? I've seen multiple people on various tibia streams blatantly using it without a care of having their accounts deleted. I've even seen someone using this tool while streaming on Pablinn's character.It is becoming increasingly painful, difficult and time consuming to drag hundreds of items every single day and using a tool like this would help me out tremendously as I can accumulate 200+ pages of loot in just some weeks.

I'd like to know whether using this tool could be detected by battleye and/or cipsoft in-house detection system and the risks, if any, associated with using this tool.

I can provide a youtube link showcasing the dragging macro mentioned but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to posts links to external websites, if I can just let me know and I will edit my post.

Thanks for reading and i'm looking forward to your insightful answers.
    Last edited by zyetheus; 06-03-2018 at 09:37 AM.

Free User
    someone, anyone with some info on this topic? if you know anything please comment below.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zyetheus View Post
    someone, anyone with some info on this topic? if you know anything please comment below.

thanks
    On real Tibia? Why would you want this on real Tibia now? Auto-looting is now implemented, so it doesn't make much sense!
    Interested in software development and/or programming for Tibia?
    Check out the new Tibia Programming Forums (TibiaPF) by clicking the image below.

Looking for a bot for the MMORPG, Medivia?
    Check out MediviaBotter, a powerful, injected bot by clicking the link below.

Free User
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    On real Tibia? Why would you want this on real Tibia now? Auto-looting is now implemented, so it doesn't make much sense!
    Hi Josh,

Yes indeed i do know that auto looting is now implemented which is a great feature. But the problem here is not the looting per say but what to do AFTER you loot. After a hunt I end up with hundreds of loot that I have to MANUALLY drag and drop to my depot which is the main problem here. Me being EK, everything gets thrown to me and I have constantly drags hundred upon hundreds of items per day. The drag and drop macro done via xmousebutton control would allow me to simply click 1 button and drag the item which is a huge QoL improvement to not stress my wrist so much because if you drag so many items per day it will.

Like I said, ive seen people on stream using it without care in the world but I want a confirmation from someone who understand how macros and tibia inhouse detection works.

Do you have any insight on whether or not this is safe to use or do you know anyone that could help me clear this out?

Thanks Josh

Quote Originally Posted by zyetheus View Post
    Hi Josh,

Yes indeed i do know that auto looting is now implemented which is a great feature. But the problem here is not the looting per say but what to do AFTER you loot. After a hunt I end up with hundreds of loot that I have to MANUALLY drag and drop to my depot which is the main problem here. Me being EK, everything gets thrown to me and I have constantly drags hundred upon hundreds of items per day. The drag and drop macro done via xmousebutton control would allow me to simply click 1 button and drag the item which is a huge QoL improvement to not stress my wrist so much because if you drag so many items per day it will.

Like I said, ive seen people on stream using it without care in the world but I want a confirmation from someone who understand how macros and tibia inhouse detection works.

Do you have any insight on whether or not this is safe to use or do you know anyone that could help me clear this out?

Thanks Josh
    I can only really give the hard facts and my own opinion, so here it comes:

The kinda macros people are using for this are very detectable as soon as they are "shared". Once something becomes available either by a purpose built website, or even on another forum, it's in the public domain, at this point CipSoft can easily download it, work out a binary fingerprint to scan for, and ban everyone using it. This doesn't give us much of an idea of likelihood of detection, but it does tell us one thing - if we use any publicly available macro/bot/tool, it's mostly a matter of time before they catch on and ban us.

On to custom developed tools, well, this is where things might just play out acceptably... It's very difficult for CipSoft to know that you've created a custom bot of some description and are using it, because obviously they can't get hold of the binary or source files which went into it. For this reason, detection is relatively unlikely. There's always still a risk, though. The risk comes from most of these bots using a tool like Sikuli, xmousebutton, AutoIt, and so on. There's no really valid use for these tools, some people have used them to remap keyboards and such but I get the impression that if people were to use these in anger, CipSoft would just block them (not ban/delete any users). If I were to put my money anywhere, it would be here. That's not to say that it's 100% without risks, because obviously there's always a chance that they simply ban based on the framework, or even that they use their old detection system to see how fast (or regularly) you're moving thousands of items. Such a tool would need to be built carefully to avoid this.

So where does that leave us? My opinion is that any form of botting today, whether for minor QoL or for full on cavebot, is relatively pointless. With autolooting as well as the upcoming "supply stash" feature, the problems of sorting loot are becoming less. It would be very easy, for instance, to use the build in looting feature to split loot into sell types (e.g have a blue, green, and red bp for blue/green djinn and rashid, then a chess box for stackables). At this point, you can dedicate a depot box to each, and just toss the green/blue/red bps into those. Combining that with the ability to automatically deposit all stackables at once, well, this becomes the real way to overcome the problem you're facing.

Personally, my advice is to avoid at all costs any "public" bot. If you're going to use one, make it yourself using the least well known tool you can find (stay away from AutoIt, etc). More importantly, though, double check that what you want to do can't easily be done without using any bot at all. Probably unwelcome advice on a bot forum, but there it is.
    Interested in software development and/or programming for Tibia?
    Check out the new Tibia Programming Forums (TibiaPF) by clicking the image below.

Looking for a bot for the MMORPG, Medivia?
    Check out MediviaBotter, a powerful, injected bot by clicking the link below.