Signup Now
Page 1 of 172 1231151101 ... LastLast

Discussion: Botting Risks, Tips and Deletions

Getting Started
    Before you decide to bot, here are a few things you should know

• WindBot is as safe as a bot can be. It simulates your mouse and keyboard and acts more human-like in order to minimize your chances of being caught.

• Botting is illegal on Tibia and you can be punished for it by getting your account deleted. If you are not ready to take the risk and deal with the consequences, do not bot.

• There is no such thing as undetectable bot. It takes one line of code to detect if someone is botting so don't fool yourself.

• If you ever botted before, you are at risk. According to an official fansite that tracks Tibia deletions, you can get caught for botting even if you haven't logged in game for a while.

• Mass reporting works. So avoid getting mass reported.

• There are rare cases of people who got their accounts undeleted by e-mailing CipSoft. So if you get caught, e-mail them. You never know if you might be one of the lucky ones.

Safety Tips
    It is common belief that by following the safety measures below, your risks of getting caught will be minimized

• Never Talk About Botting In Game.
      The first rule of botting is: You do not talk about botting. You never know if your logs can be checked or not, so don't risk it.

• Never Bot AFK.
      There have been evidences of rare cases CipSoft has used CMs to check up on botters. Also, you would want to be on PC in case your script bugs out or you are about to get mass reported.

• Avoid Botting For Too Many Hours In A Row.
      It is not human-like to do the same exact thing for hours and hours on end. Try taking a break in between botting sessions and do other stuff like organize loot, kill a few random monsters, etc.

• Do Not Minimize Your Client.
      We don't know how the detection tool works. What we do know is, a fair player can't hunt with his client minimized. The goal here is to try to act like a fair player, so avoid minimizing.

• Randomize Your Botting.
      Avoid botting at the same spawn every single day.

• Check Your Scripts.
      Before you run a script, check for bugs. Trying to spam a spell your vocation can't use can be bad. Also spamming messages such as 'hi' is reportable.

• Be Dynamic.
      Try to randomize your waypoints, healing and even your actions. For example, avoid withdrawing the exact amount of cash your character needs to resupply. Instead of withdrawing 16590k, round it up to 20k. This is how real players would do it.

• Avoid Using The Same Registration For Many Accounts.
      This is a confirmed factor about the deletions. Many players have lost all the characters they had on one registration. Never keep all your botting characters on the same address.

• Use Common Sense.
      Do not use one account for all your botting characters and do not bot the same account every single day. Try to log on your botting characters and do things other than just bot. Use the safety tips posted here and be cautious.

Got Deleted?
    If you feel that it's needed to post about it, copy/paste the questions below and give detailed answers

Code:

[LIST=1]
    [*][B]Ban Date?[/B] xx/xx/xx
    [*][B]Ever Used Other Bot?[/B] Yes/No - Bot Name
    [*][B]Server Type?[/B] Preview | Hardcore | Open | Optional
    [*][B]Used MC?[/B] Yes/No - Tibia MC | Sandboxie
    [*][B]Minimized Tibia Client?[/B] Yes/No
    [*][B]How Many Bot Chars On The Account?[/B] x
    [*][B]Botting Places?[/B] -
    [*][B]Botting Time?[/B] -
    [*][B]Mass Reported?[/B] Low Probability | High Probability
    [*][B]Screenshot?[/B] This part is optional
    [/LIST]

LATEST SCRIPTS SKYPE
    Got a Question? Add me on Skype!
    bugwt.support

This image is hosted on a possibly dangerous website (http://mystatus.skype.com/smallclassic/bugwt.support). Please consider reuploading it on Imgur.com.

Banned
    Awesome tips mate, appreciate it. Will implement this into my signature tomorrow.

Ban Date?
    Jan 13 2014, 15:04:27 CET
    Ever Used Other Bot? No
    Server Type? Preview
    Used MC? Yes - Modified the client myself
    Minimized Tibia Client? Yes - Most of time
    How Many Bot Chars On The Account? Just one
    Botting Places? Venore Salamander Cave/Mammoth Factory/Hidden Pirates Carlin (isle of evil quest) All scripts by me
    Botting Time? below 5h/day always around 8:00 to 13:00 CET & fully offline at saturday/sunday
    Mass Reported? Low Probability - Char was brand new and I didnt had any enemy so.. I dont think so
    Screenshot

You think this can be the MC Fault? i made it myself because neo mc posted somwhere in forum isnt working on my x64 system and i cant find working one
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Orimorfus; 01-14-2014 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orimorfus

You think this can be the MC Fault? i made it myself because neo mc posted somwhere in forum isnt working on my x64 system and i cant find working one
    Did you use Neo Hex Editor to edit your MC? If so, it modifies tibia's client but you are more likely to be deleted in a Preview world full of GM's and people reporting each other all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard View Post
    Did you use Neo Hex Editor to edit your MC? If so, it modifies tibia's client but you are more likely to be deleted in a Preview world full of GM's and people reporting each other all the time.
    nope, i did it with XVI32, also place where i botted was always free, not even player passing the screen there

Quote Originally Posted by Orimorfus View Post
    nope, i did it with XVI32, also place where i botted was always free, not even player passing the screen there
    You made your own mc?
    Anyhow, sorry for your loss. It's hard to say what might have caused it because there could be a big number of reasons, all we can do is speculate.
    But hey, dust yourself and bot again Make sure to follow the safety tips this time around though!

btw, did you bot afk?

LATEST SCRIPTS SKYPE
    Got a Question? Add me on Skype!
    bugwt.support

This image is hosted on a possibly dangerous website (http://mystatus.skype.com/smallclassic/bugwt.support). Please consider reuploading it on Imgur.com.

I am never botting afk ;p I am the "no life" type watching my scripts and doing improvements all the time when i am botting xD right now i am finishing "1 click rookgaard" and making 5 new chars, gonna start booting project with just windbot and my own windbot scripts and I am not mad because of this ban cause NOW I GOT BETTER NICKNAMES

and about the reason of ban I think i got banned because of botting such place, like it was with furious trolls for example. I think you know what i mean , GMs like to visit not so crowded and hidden places or the anti bot tool is somehow "more sensitive" there xD
    Last edited by Orimorfus; 01-14-2014 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster View Post
    Awesome tips mate, appreciate it. Will implement this into my signature tomorrow.
    Please don't do that your signature is huge as hell. If at least you can remove that logo..

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    Please don't do that your signature is huge as hell. If at least you can remove that logo..
    Signed, that signature is homungus.

Nice tips got already 10 new knight but i will made another 5
    Check our botting project