Signup Now
    Free User

Is it safe just to stop BattleEye service?

Hi,

I'm an old player, been out of the game for 1-2 years and I see that with this new BattleEye program you're immediately detected if you bot, but now I'm seeing posts suggesting you can just kill the BattleEye service and you're good to go, is it really that simple?

To put it in simple words, if I kill that service can I just bot like in the good old times in any server I want with Tibia 11?

Sorry if I'm saying something incorrectly or stupid, just trying to get up to speed with the new tibia and windbot features.

Thanks a lot for your response!

up, acompanhando
    Tibiano desde de 2008,Jogo atualmente em Laudera, quem tiver contas para venda nesse mundo manda email [email protected]

Wind Powered
    Server w/ BE actived u cant bot, but in the rest u can.
    https://secure.tibia.com/community/?subtopic=worlds

where u see Blocked mean BE actived

Free User
    As far as I know it is safe

BattlEye is client-side detection software. It is built in a very specific way to prevent botting from happening at all. It's possible, nay probable, that CipSoft have implemented client-side detection even when the BattlEye service is disabled. If they will use it to delete all botters or not depends on what statistics they are gaining from that knowledge. Personally, I believe that since BattlEye, CipSoft know everyone who has botted exactly, but they also know that if they will delete all of them instantly, they will lose a lot of money very quickly. To stabilise it, they are making slow and steady progress, switching on BattlEye protection for each server bit by bit. They don't need to delete every single botter, and doing so would be extremely painful for their player statistics, so why would they?

It's quite clear for a long time that they have understood that botting itself is not a problem. The problem is people who take it to extreme levels. When a single person is botting every high profit spawn on a single server, they are blocking access to those spawns for other players. At the same time, those other players know that the person is botting. If they don't act on that, they piss of 20+ people who could be enjoying those spawns, if they do act, they piss off 1 person who is making extortionate amounts of profit from it. People who bot in this way are certainly targeted, and this is obvious by the fact that they implemented a reporting system to begin with. If they cared to delete all botters, they would simply scan every character. I've seen characters do some very obvious botting in the past and not get reported, nor deleted. I've also seen some people botting for 2 hours and get deleted purely because they get a lot of reports.

To answer your question: It should never be considered safe to bot. CipSoft almost certainly know who is botting. On the other hand, it's no more or less safe than it was before BattlEye, because if they act on this information they are going to lose a lot of money. Put simply: don't take the piss and you'll probably be fine, but be prepared to get deleted and take actions to make sure that if you are mass botting, your accounts cannot be connected by IP address, registration, character name, email address, or password. Use a proxy service (e.g TibiaTunnel, NoPing, WTFast), and use realistic but random names for your account names and email addresses. Don't bot ridiculous hours, but feel free to bot up to 6 hours a day to keep up with stamina regeneration.
    Interested in software development and/or programming for Tibia?
    Check out the new Tibia Programming Forums (TibiaPF) by clicking the image below.

Looking for a bot for the MMORPG, Medivia?
    Check out MediviaBotter, a powerful, injected bot by clicking the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    BattlEye is client-side detection software. It is built in a very specific way to prevent botting from happening at all. It's possible, nay probable, that CipSoft have implemented client-side detection even when the BattlEye service is disabled. If they will use it to delete all botters or not depends on what statistics they are gaining from that knowledge. Personally, I believe that since BattlEye, CipSoft know everyone who has botted exactly, but they also know that if they will delete all of them instantly, they will lose a lot of money very quickly. To stabilise it, they are making slow and steady progress, switching on BattlEye protection for each server bit by bit. They don't need to delete every single botter, and doing so would be extremely painful for their player statistics, so why would they?

It's quite clear for a long time that they have understood that botting itself is not a problem. The problem is people who take it to extreme levels. When a single person is botting every high profit spawn on a single server, they are blocking access to those spawns for other players. At the same time, those other players know that the person is botting. If they don't act on that, they piss of 20+ people who could be enjoying those spawns, if they do act, they piss off 1 person who is making extortionate amounts of profit from it. People who bot in this way are certainly targeted, and this is obvious by the fact that they implemented a reporting system to begin with. If they cared to delete all botters, they would simply scan every character. I've seen characters do some very obvious botting in the past and not get reported, nor deleted. I've also seen some people botting for 2 hours and get deleted purely because they get a lot of reports.

To answer your question: It should never be considered safe to bot. CipSoft almost certainly know who is botting. On the other hand, it's no more or less safe than it was before BattlEye, because if they act on this information they are going to lose a lot of money. Put simply: don't take the piss and you'll probably be fine, but be prepared to get deleted and take actions to make sure that if you are mass botting, your accounts cannot be connected by IP address, registration, character name, email address, or password. Use a proxy service (e.g TibiaTunnel, NoPing, WTFast), and use realistic but random names for your account names and email addresses. Don't bot ridiculous hours, but feel free to bot up to 6 hours a day to keep up with stamina regeneration.
    Perfect!

I agree that I contribute to destroy the game, I currently have 18 active chars I am doing an average of 2.1kk per day, my world is empty and in the places of hunting are always empty, but in worlds with more "players" probably would have conflicts with "players" and bots.

But if I had not made big profits I would not have been able to buy the pacc from my main character and the bot's license. I am currently paying 4 pacc + bot license and I am thinking of buying 3 more pacc I am just waiting for the characters to level up.
    If the battleye arrives in some world that I play, I will have to wait for Lucas's decision on the battleye, because if the bot ends, I will not play and if another bot is alive I will not go to him either.
    I started to use bot in tibiaauto 2013 and I met Wind in 2014, I always liked the bot, for me the bot is complete and perfect, but as I said, finishing Wind, finished game and bot for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco View Post
    Perfect!

I agree that I contribute to destroy the game, I currently have 18 active chars I am doing an average of 2.1kk per day, my world is empty and in the places of hunting are always empty, but in worlds with more "players" probably would have conflicts with "players" and bots.

But if I had not made big profits I would not have been able to buy the pacc from my main character and the bot's license. I am currently paying 4 pacc + bot license and I am thinking of buying 3 more pacc I am just waiting for the characters to level up.
    If the battleye arrives in some world that I play, I will have to wait for Lucas's decision on the battleye, because if the bot ends, I will not play and if another bot is alive I will not go to him either.
    I started to use bot in tibiaauto 2013 and I met Wind in 2014, I always liked the bot, for me the bot is complete and perfect, but as I said, finishing Wind, finished game and bot for me.
    there won't be any public bot for BE protected server,
    they simply follow pages like this one, so even any way to avoid it its done and will come to public, they will fix it,
    if there are going to be any bots, then just small/personal or expensive ones for some small group of players