Signup Now

Framerate Control

Hey. I changed the framerate control in WindAddons from 1.0 FPS to 0.1 FPS to reduce the use of CPU and memory and all my accounts profit/h went down. Characters began to consume large amounts of potions and one died. Is it by reducing FPS, or just plain coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by damix View Post
    Hey. I changed the framerate control in WindAddons from 1.0 FPS to 0.1 FPS to reduce the use of CPU and memory and all my accounts profit/h went down. Characters began to consume large amounts of potions and one died. Is it by reducing FPS, or just plain coincidence?
    https://forums.tibiawindbot.com/show...ddons-Detailed

1 fps to 0.1 fps crazy

You say that was a mistake. Guided by the tutorial, reducing the GUI will also reduce CPU and memory consumption?

Quote Originally Posted by damix View Post
    You say that was a mistake. Guided by the tutorial, reducing the GUI will also reduce CPU and memory consumption?
    Yes reduce cpu and memory because alternate client fps for Not Focused.

Example: This is not the way it works, but I will add the fps so you understand how it would work.

Your PC endure 100 fps total. Each client is set to 50 fps then... 100 fps (your PC) / 50 fps (each client) = 2, your computer would support 2 clients with 50 fps

active framerate control and set Not Focused 1 fps then... 100 fps (your PC) / 1 fps (each client) = 100, your computer would support 100 clients with 1 fps

Not that way it works, it's just an easier way to explain what it would be like. So if you have 10 clients and all with framerate control and you maximize the window of some client with fps 50 immediately you will notice that the use of memory increases.

This is most visible if you use client 11.

If English is not good, I'm sorry.

I understand. Thank you for explaining that to me.