Signup Now

Looting Policy using Dijkstra.

Hello everybody! So, my suggestion is:

I don't know if you already use it, but as long as I could observe I think you are using a greedy approach (like the closest body) to select what body the bot should go loot. Since the bot usually don't have more than 10 bodies in it looting queue I think Dijkstra would work pretty fast and you always be sure that the bot is walking the best way it could. If you want we can study this case together @Lucas Terra.

Att. Gabriel

It actually makes a balance between distance and loot value. But it doesn't seem to be working very well. I'll redesign it...

Wind Tester
    Oh boy, it is definitly not using closest body, and sometimes i think it would be better.

to be honest my only dobut is wtf is Dijkstra

Dijkstra's algorithm is an algorithm for finding the shortest paths between nodes in a graph, which may represent, for example, road networks.

@Wesker lets say bodies are the nodes and the distance between bodies are the edges of your graph, we can use dijkstra's algorithm to find the best looting order.
    @Lucas Terra alright, thanks!
    Last edited by Architect; 02-17-2017 at 12:27 AM.

@Architect

I don't Dijkstra is exactly what we're looking forward to here. Dijkstra is meant to find the shortest path between 2 nodes. We want to find the shortest path that gets to all the nodes, which is what we'd call the Traveling Salesman Problem, which is NP-hard and doesn't really have a great solution. But ye, it can be solved fairly easily for the amount of nodes we usually have.

And yes, I obviously agree the way it is now is pretty stupid. I've actually been meaning to make a request like this for months.
    Last edited by Raphael; 02-18-2017 at 02:40 PM.
    RaphSeller
    PayPal Instantaneous Reseller

raphseller.com

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
    @Architect

I don't Dijkstra is exactly what we're looking forward to here. Dijkstra is meant to find the shortest path between 2 nodes. We want to find the shortest path that gets to all the nodes, which is what we'd call the Traveling Salesman Problem, which is NP-hard and doesn't really have a great solution. But ye, it can be solved fairly easily for the amount of nodes we usually have.

And yes, I obviously agree the way it is now is pretty stupid. I've actually been meaning to make a request like this for months.
    A* is the canonical algorithm for finding the shortest path between two nodes, Dijkstra finds the shortest path from one node to every other node. Solving a TSP, while easily tractable at these problem sizes, is likely overkill since you're likely to be interrupted before completing the path. Either Dijkstra or a heuristic TSP solver would be a good starting point for designing a looting algorithm, but there should be looting modes that prioritizes high value corpses.

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
    @Architect

You right!? I forgot you must visit every node! xD I was thinking about 2 nodes, where you are right now and where is the next waypoint you should go. between it the position of loot bodies.

PS: omg, you guys have a TS? let me enjoy you, pls! I love computer stuff! xD
    Last edited by Architect; 02-19-2017 at 04:26 AM.