Signup Now
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Wind Powered
    Quote Originally Posted by SuNe View Post
    Lucas is going to make an official post soon, But right now he do not have internet at his home.. He is working on this stuff, but i will let him go in to detail with it.
    I hope it won't be "valve-time soon". It would be helpful to know something more before the double exp week (would for example help decide if investing in new bot accounts to PG during that time has any sense).

Quote Originally Posted by Czleq View Post
    I hope it won't be "valve-time soon". It would be helpful to know something more before the double exp week (would for example help decide if investing in new bot accounts to PG during that time has any sense).
    all they did so far was announcement that they will try to implement battle eye on march 21 to prevent botters from connenting with bots open and a character backup for upcoming test server, nothing to fear yet

Wind Powered
    Quote Originally Posted by Orimorfus View Post
    all they did so far was announcement that they will try to implement battle eye on march 21 to prevent botters from connenting with bots open and a character backup for upcoming test server, nothing to fear yet
    I know but I am sure windbot guys have some knowledge from studying the battlethingy in other games that could help guess the future of botting in tibia. And imagine you invest now say tens of kks in PACC and few kks in supplies so you can kickstart your bot army in the double exp time just to find out after investing all the money that unfortunately windbot guys give up - that wouldn't be fun. You'll end up with bunch of 100lvls worth pretty much nothing. On the other hand if they say something like "easy peasy 90% sure we can bypass that thing and make windbot safe" then you can take the calculated risk instead of 'gambling in the blind'.
    Last edited by Czleq; 02-26-2017 at 11:39 AM.

Free User
    I predict this is the end of any and all cavebotting on a large scale as we have seen for the majority of tibias lifetime. I don't doubt there will be some form of magebot/healbots although less common then today. I have no doubt that if they use battleeye to its full extent then cavebotting is history. For sure there will be thousands of chars sold by botters once it no longer works to bot. The price of kk will rise again slowly as will some rares and items that were easier to acquire due to botters. Tibia doesn't really have that many providers for bots as say CSGO has when it comes to aimbots/wallhacks. There are like 3 acceptable bots for tibia while a game like CSGO has thousands of different cheats. It would be VERY easy for battle eye to prevent any cheating on tibia.

The only future I can see for botting is underground forums with a small client base keeping it hush hush, but I seriously see no way botting will ever be as rampant as it has been to this point.

Free User

awaiting response...

I'm a long time forum viewer, bot creator, and a professional programmer, and at one time i've used windbot for over a year. I've taken the time to sign up to write something thats up my mind lately, and here it is:

Official statement from Lucas Terra is necessary at this moment informing us what will he do and whats the plan. I dont know why he didnt give one already, and dont give me shit like "he has no internet atm", cuz bot updates happen and this is a business like any other cheat. This is at least worrying, cuz BE could possibly be the end of public cheats and most of (if not all) customers will lose money by your software not working in just few days (!!!).

This is what i, as software engineer and bot creator think about this:

1. some might say that BattlEye is ez to overcome, that there are dozens of tutorials all over the interwebz, but the truth is, 95% of those "backdoors" dont work anymore, and those that work soon will not. The strength of BattlEye is that its updated quite regulary, its individual for each game, and bans in waves. Thats why cave botting in a public cheat will not be possible.

2. cheats will exist, in one form or another but soon enough all cheat creators will give up being beat time after time again and again. You need to understand that cheat provider community for tibia is well after its glory days (hermetic and closed for newcomers, dying inside or even dead already), tpforums is dead for a while, tibiapf is dead from the beggining. There are about 3 existing cheats atm for RL Tibia, thats a very low number (when you look at games like CS:GO, overwatch etc).

3. cheating will still be possible (!!!). By either

• private cheat that cost $500 and license is owned by lucky max 5/10 people, undetectable cuz of being so private and never ending up in BE hands
    • writing own open client (that already exists https://github.com/edubart/otclient) but it never will be up to date with new game features etc, still can be used for basic stuff like cavebotting and will propably not need an external program to play, the bot could be build in. This idea is work expensive and propably will not happen ever.

Sum up:
    Lucas, we need your statement and plans now asap. If you will keep on being quiet we can asume you will just run with the money and this will be the end. There is a 99% chance that windbot will be blocked even in BE testing stage (as of CM responses in tibia forums).

edit:

another statement from a MAJOR bot provider:

https://www.blackdtools.net/showthre...d-and-bad-news
    Last edited by Owlet; 02-27-2017 at 10:24 AM.

Free User
    Quote Originally Posted by Owlet View Post
    I'm a long time forum viewer, bot creator, and a professional programmer, and at one time i've used windbot for over a year. I've taken the time to sign up to write something thats up my mind lately, and here it is:

Official statement from Lucas Terra is necessary at this moment informing us what will he do and whats the plan. I dont know why he didnt give one already, and dont give me shit like "he has no internet atm", cuz bot updates happen and this is a business like any other cheat. This is at least worrying, cuz BE could possibly be the end of public cheats and most of (if not all) customers will lose money by your software not working in just few days (!!!).

This is what i, as software engineer and bot creator think about this:

1. some might say that BattlEye is ez to overcome, that there are dozens of tutorials all over the interwebz, but the truth is, 95% of those "backdoors" dont work anymore, and those that work soon will not. The strength of BattlEye is that its updated quite regulary, its individual for each game, and bans in waves. Thats why cave botting in a public cheat will not be possible.

2. cheats will exist, in one form or another but soon enough all cheat creators will give up being beat time after time again and again. You need to understand that cheat provider community for tibia is well after its glory days (hermetic and closed for newcomers, dying inside or even dead already), tpforums is dead for a while, tibiapf is dead from the beggining. There are about 3 existing cheats atm for RL Tibia, thats a very low number (when you look at games like CS:GO, overwatch etc).

3. cheating will still be possible (!!!). By either

• private cheat that cost $500 and license is owned by lucky max 5/10 people, undetectable cuz of being so private and never ending up in BE hands
    • writing own open client (that already exists https://github.com/edubart/otclient) but it never will be up to date with new game features etc, still can be used for basic stuff like cavebotting and will propably not need an external program to play, the bot could be build in. This idea is work expensive and propably will not happen ever.

Sum up:
    Lucas, we need your statement and plans now asap. If you will keep on being quiet we can asume you will just run with the money and this will be the end. There is a 99% chance that windbot will be blocked even in BE testing stage (as of CM responses in tibia forums).

edit:

another statement from a MAJOR bot provider:

https://www.blackdtools.net/showthre...d-and-bad-news
    I agree with 90% of what you say expect the "running with our money" part. Its not his fault this is happening and we have gotten what we paid for until now, this isn't something he could have prevented or prepared for since this will end all cave botting. I do agree he should make a statement though and I'm sure we will get one soon enough. I mean its even to early to say if CIP will want to co-operate fully with this anti cheat. Perhaps they will notice a large drop in revenue and be more mild with the anti cheat. Like they already mentioned on the forum, they wont delete/ban anyone, just block people with bots from playing the game until they disable/remove the bot (which is such a half-arsed and stupid idea if they were serious). I suppose they want to do it like this in the beginning to try and scare/convert as many botters to manual players as possible, before they really start banning and deleting detected cheaters.

I have learned to never expect anything good from CIP over the years and I'm sure in one way everyone will be disappointed by this anti cheat as well. Even when they do something right they do it half way. Like what you said and I mentioned in my previous post, the only "botting" that we will see will be private among friends or very expensive for a small client base.
    Last edited by Krimm; 02-27-2017 at 11:26 AM.

Cool

Hallo and hmm.. xD

I dont know how to make software or something, I read this post of BlackD and his solutions [ like own client, that going away or don't connect with BE ]. Maybe its possible to create own client like this to win time for new solutions. [ that can be share, but I think when someone share it BE or Cipsoft can get too so it will be blocked, but "DON'T TRY, DON'T WIN" ]

Sorry for my English guys !
    Last edited by tostijew; 02-27-2017 at 06:04 PM.

Free User
    Quote Originally Posted by tostijew View Post
    Hallo and hmm.. xD

I dont know how to make software or something, I read this post of BlackD and his solutions [ like own client, that going away or don't connect with BE ]. Maybe its possible to create own client like this to win time for new solutions. [ that can be share, but I think when someone share it BE or Cipsoft can get too so it will be blocked, but "DON'T TRY, DON'T WIN" ]

Sorry for my English guys !
    cool idea but I don't think it'll be possible because as you know Tibia 10 and flash client both will be dropped alongside with their protocols, and BE has highly-encrypted (as they claim) protocol defense, so I guess that they'll implement it into Tibia 11 and server will only accept new encrypted packets, that's my guess.

Free User
    Is lucas going to say something anyday? It's a bit convenient not having internet when things are like now, if you know what i mean...

Quote Originally Posted by Psolar View Post
    Is lucas going to say something anyday? It's a bit convenient not having internet when things are like now, if you know what i mean...
    He is online sometimes u check it on his profil, so he don't will to talk us about this situation. Maybe he gived up and he is crying about cash that he can't make anymore xD