Signup Now
    Free User

Area runes and high ping - What to do?

Hello all,

What are the generally better solution/alternative to bot a mage using area runes when you get high ping (180-220ms)?

I just started using windbot and did a little searching effort, but I cant know for sure. Is it better to just alter some easy configuration and hope for improvements? For example, I was using a BlakW paid script and it was missing a lot of turns of Avalanches.

I read about lua shooters and stopwalking functions too. Should I always use a custom Lua shooter in this case (I saw that a moderator did a custom one with stopwalking)? Or it could conflict with the script I am using and cause more problems?

All in all, im just looking for guidelines on what to do to improve the awful experience im getting due to this problem.

Thanks a lot!

Yeah, you should have pausewalking() before shooting your runes. I got a ping similar to yours (mine's a bit higher than yours though ) and I had to make a shooter that could work perfectly for me and the others that would use the script. It's not the best you'll find on shooting while it's able, but it doesn't miss more than 1-2 turns even with lag.

Troubled Animals Quest [100+]
    ALL
    Feyrist Animals Surface [160+]
    RP
    Feyrist Silencers Underground X1 [180+]
    RP | EK
    Feyrist Silencers Underground X2 [200+]
    RP | EK
    Feyrist Silencers Surface [210+]
    RP | EK
    Rathleton Sewers [240+]
    RP
    Glooth Fairy [350+]
    ED/MS
    Hardcore Draken Walls [400+]
    EK

Free User
    Quote Originally Posted by RoxZin xD View Post
    Yeah, you should have pausewalking() before shooting your runes. I got a ping similar to yours (mine's a bit higher than yours though ) and I had to make a shooter that could work perfectly for me and the others that would use the script. It's not the best you'll find on shooting while it's able, but it doesn't miss more than 1-2 turns even with lag.
    Thanks for the info. Do you mean I should be using a custom lua shooter for every script I buy? (like overrinding the script shooter... I dont even know if this is a thing hahaha) Could this cause problems or is it pretty easy to do? Or does it depends entirely on the scripter/script I buy?

Also, do your team's scripts have this kind of shooter built in all the scripts (mage ones)? I would heavily favor buying scripts with such feature I guess.

Again, thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Whata View Post
    Thanks for the info. Do you mean I should be using a custom lua shooter for every script I buy? (like overrinding the script shooter... I dont even know if this is a thing hahaha) Could this cause problems or is it pretty easy to do? Or does it depends entirely on the scripter/script I buy?

Also, do your team's scripts have this kind of shooter built in all the scripts (mage ones)? I would heavily favor buying scripts with such feature I guess.

Again, thanks a lot!
    Well, you can adjust the current rune shooter scripts to suit your needs. And yes, we do, as I said, my ping's even higher than yours so the scripts are more or less based on that too.

Troubled Animals Quest [100+]
    ALL
    Feyrist Animals Surface [160+]
    RP
    Feyrist Silencers Underground X1 [180+]
    RP | EK
    Feyrist Silencers Underground X2 [200+]
    RP | EK
    Feyrist Silencers Surface [210+]
    RP | EK
    Rathleton Sewers [240+]
    RP
    Glooth Fairy [350+]
    ED/MS
    Hardcore Draken Walls [400+]
    EK

Free User
    can you give some example on what tim to put on pausewalking etc

Quote Originally Posted by timmay View Post
    can you give some example on what tim to put on pausewalking etc
    You'll need to try it for your own ping... Usually I do something like pausewalking($ping * 2) and it does the job.
    Interested in software development and/or programming for Tibia?
    Check out the new Tibia Programming Forums (TibiaPF) by clicking the image below.

Looking for a bot for the MMORPG, Medivia?
    Check out MediviaBotter, a powerful, injected bot by clicking the link below.