Signup Now
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lipexh View Post
    idk, to be honest i like very much the normal one, and bugw's hud aswell, i like ozzix hud too, i think its just a non--sense opinion but... ;p
    Quote Originally Posted by RoxZin xD View Post
    I personally think that for a compact HUD, the size of the font and the gradient are too big. Also the light grey is disturbing, when I was picking up the colors for my new scripts I had it for a while and after a few hours staring at it, my eyes hurt badly
    Thanks for the feedback. I've lowered the font size and the gradients a bit, I personally do like the colors though so I'm keeping them for now.

Longleg Tarantulas
    or, Hunting without aoe attacks

Most bots that hunt with strikes seek out a monster, then they kite the monster at a fixed distance until it dies. Normally they'll kite it backwards, but sometimes circumstances aren't optimal and they get unlucky; they start kiting the monster in the wrong direction and accidentally lure more than than can handle. To prevent this from happening we use special areas, but sometimes even a single "room" holds more than we can handle. Even when we do kite the monster in the correct direction we are in fact being highly inefficient. After the monster has died we have to run back to where we found the monster, we won't face any monsters during this time so we are in fact wasting time.

This is not how a manual player plays, at least not a good one. A good player will just run through the spawn while keeping his target within wand and strike range, essentially, they're luring the monsters. That way they will always have something to attack so they're never wasting time. Sometimes you lure too much though and then you do in fact have to back off, but a good player will always back off in the direction they came from so that they don't risk luring more. If you run a lurer and stop luring when there's too many monsters there's no telling in what direction you'll run off.

Longleg Tarantulas is perhaps the most unique script I've ever made. Not only does the targeter not do anything -- new targets are acquired by a lua script and targeter never gets to control your characters movement -- but the script actually runs the waypoints backwards when there's too many monsters on the screen.

First things first though, cause the backwards walking is going to lead me into a bunch of other stuff. In order to lure effectively you have to keep the monsters within cast range. Strike spells have a rather short cast range so this is extra important for this script. Thus I'm running a variant of this script, it's active both when luring, and anti-luring, but I only allow a single Tarantula to get close when waiting for monsters.

Now let's get back the waypoints. In order to make the script run the waypoints backwards I need an Action after every Node, on top of this I also need very close waypoints. Why? For security reasons the script is able to switch from walking forwards to walking backwards at any point, but it can only switch back to walking forwards when it's at a waypoint, so in order to not run backwards for unnecessarily long I've placed waypoint at every second square. This is not a large spawn, but I still had to add almost 400 waypoints just to cover the cave. This seems like a whole bunch of shit work, so how to get around it?

I use a lot of custom tools to efficiently add waypoints and actions.

My bread and butter tool when waypointing is a modified context menu capable of several waypoints with one click, and even add custom code to actions. For example, if I add a door, the script will first add an action to open the door, then a stand to walk onto the open door and finally a position checker to ensure that I got through. Simiarly, if I want to walk down a stair I just click the right button and it will insert both the waypoint and the position checker for me.

However, when you really need to add A LOT of waypoints, a context menu is not enough. To that end I also use a waypoint recorded. That's the green button in the top left, when I press it records my position and inserts a node whenever I get X distance away from the last inserted node. For this particular script I also made a modified version that inserted the anti-lure actions after the nodes.

All-in all I'm damned pleased with how the script turned out. I got around 55k/h when I started on level 14 and has since had peaks at 75k/h. However, there was another player on the second floor in the beginning so I'm not totally sure if the second floor is safe to hunt on level 14, there is a room with 6 Tarantulas after all. At least you'll definitely need haste there below 20. To be on the safe side I'll probably recommend the second floor for 20+ players only. A good shield is also very useful since the script frequently runs past single Tarantulas. And as with all other low level scripts Boots of Haste are awesome.

Finally, the script also have some other minor features, like a tasker, a synced spell shooter and a healer that chances percentage both depending on the number of nearby monsters, and depending on your level and magic level. When the anti-lure gets triggered the healing percentages are set so that you're always guaranteed to heal to full hp with exura (assuming that you are exactly at the casting treshold), while if it's not triggered they're set so that you're guaranteed to never hit max hp with an exura.

Last edited by shAdOwArt; 10-08-2016 at 05:13 PM.

See, HUD looks way better now

Troubled Animals Quest [100+]
    ALL
    Feyrist Animals Surface [160+]
    RP
    Feyrist Silencers Underground X1 [180+]
    RP | EK
    Feyrist Silencers Underground X2 [200+]
    RP | EK
    Feyrist Silencers Surface [210+]
    RP | EK
    Rathleton Sewers [240+]
    RP
    Glooth Fairy [350+]
    ED/MS
    Hardcore Draken Walls [400+]
    EK

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RoxZin xD View Post
    See, HUD looks way better now
    +1
    Nice explanation I cant wait to use this script!

Free User
    Love your of script, been using your of script since xeno

Free User
    Thats gonna be amazing

Level 50 in two days without voucher. I still have almost 28 hours of stamina left. Think I'm going to try Water Elementals tomorrow, I've never played a Druid before and I want to know what you get there with one.

While looting gold and sticking to regular haste I started out at around 165k/h in the low 30s, which then went down to around 150k/h by the time I hit 50 (as you level up you lose your low-level bonus exp). However, when I tried running it with gran hur and skipped the gold my highest peak was 185k/h, I think I was level 34 at the time. Waste is around 25k/h with those settings.

When I was 40 I remade the waypoints in order increase how often it could loot, and thus reduce the waste. However, I'm not sure if the new version is safe at 30 without stealth rings...
    Last edited by shAdOwArt; 10-09-2016 at 09:19 PM.

Banned
    You make me jealous
    13-30lvl should be much faster on spawn like cyclops mistrock with that luring on mage :>
    there can be also added option for avas on 30+ with lure mode

Quote Originally Posted by walukasz View Post
    You make me jealous
    13-30lvl should be much faster on spawn like cyclops mistrock with that luring on mage :>
    there can be also added option for avas on 30+ with lure mode
    I don't think so. Tarantulas have better exp/hp ratios than Cyclops and with my script you almost always have something to attack. Running backwards is also very tricky in Mistrock since there's a lot of stairs and levitation spots. Plus you get drunk, so I think you'll need Stealth Rings anyway if you want to go there at 13. I've only tried Mistrock once but from what I remember the exp is pretty much the same in both spots.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by shAdOwArt View Post
    I don't think so. Tarantulas have better exp/hp ratios than Cyclops and with my script you almost always have something to attack. Running backwards is also very tricky in Mistrock since there's a lot of stairs and levitation spots. Plus you get drunk, so I think you'll need Stealth Rings anyway if you want to go there at 13. I've only tried Mistrock once but from what I remember the exp is pretty much the same in both spots.
    Hmm, I did some test in past and was quite good on mistrock. I don't remember how much exp/h :/

What do you think about meriana gargoyles from 13-14lvl?(first just with spells, then gfb)till 50-60lvl or even more, with one script ?
    It could be fucking great pg with good mlvl at 13lvl

Quote Originally Posted by walukasz View Post
    Hmm, I did some test in past and was quite good on mistrock. I don't remember how much exph :/

What do you think about meriana gargoyles from 13-14lvl?(first just with spells, then gfb)till 50-60lvl or even more, with one script ?
    It could be fucking great pg with good mlvl at 13lvl
    It's probably around the same exp as Mistrock and Tarantulas at 14. However, the first floor tends to be crowded (likely because of the free OX scripts for all vocations, but at least those only hunt the first two floors).