Signup Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

High memory usage after botting for longer time

Normally my memory usage (not CPU usage) is like 30% or so, but after 2-3 days of botting in goes up to 80-90 or sometimes even 100%. Is there any chance to prevent it? I'm getting tired of restarting my computer all the time.
    Rep me + if I helped!

Free User
    Got same problem but when o bot 5h+ he gets hot really hot cpu 70%+ nothing to do just geting him cold thats all in my opinion or try put something cold under him you know safe cold item not water lol or ice

programs like ramrush or any other ram cleaners doesn't work? ,

I am not sure if using windaddon could lesser it. Do use the windaddon?
    Been running scripts for 11days straight, Memory still at 30-35 %

Could always check task manager, take a look and see if the issue is with Windbot or Tibia. If it's the bot, Lucas can investigate, if it's Tibia, people can still investigate and possibly provide a patch but it's more in CIPs realm to try find a permanent fix.

Banned
    Lol "My computer is on 2-3 days at a time. I hate restarting it ALL THE TIME." made me laugh
    A restart takes 30 seconds. And you should do it every day, unless you don't give a fuck about your computer or VPS then go ahead and fuck that shit up.

Quote Originally Posted by hamiltonx View Post
    Lol "My computer is on 2-3 days at a time. I hate restarting it ALL THE TIME." made me laugh
    A restart takes 30 seconds. And you should do it every day, unless you don't give a fuck about your computer or VPS then go ahead and fuck that shit up.
    What are you talking about? A computer should never need to be restarted. The only scenario where it needs restarting is when you need to perform firmware upgrades or when there are kernel changes which can't be performed while running, and even those are somewhat optional. My PC is usually online for a minimum of 5 days at a time, only rebooting for Windows updates or due to power cuts. I'll also sometimes reboot to fix hard drive issues (easier in Unix systems, Windows is kinda crap for that).

As for virtual machines / servers, well, this image kinda speaks for itself... Updates are due now, since I'm running a kernel upgrade, but 49 days is pretty standard for a server grade Linux installation running stuff which isn't security critical (security critical stuff would be about 20 days, but could be daily or annually, depending on the security market).

Probably an excessive answer, but take my word for it, rebooting a computer is not required all that often, and it won't do you any good. What will benefit you more is to find out what's causing it to get sluggish and fix it. In the majority of cases, you'll find things like Chrome caching too heavily, which you can solve by using a rarely used HDD for your userdata folder. Other common issues are memory leaks (solved by not using abusive applications, or by patching them), and lacking RAM - when paging begins, it's very difficult to get it to stop... If you don't have enough RAM, your system will begin to cache stuff to HDD using the pagefile. Once this has begun, it is very difficult to get Windows (and Linux/Unix systems) to stop doing it, the only realistic way is to reboot. The real solution to this, though, is just to kit out your system with enough resources and/or use more frugal software which won't lead to this situation.
    Last edited by Josh; 05-29-2016 at 01:17 AM.

Free User
    I have never experienced any problems with memory or cpu usage lol.

Wind Tester
    It might be poor written script, which is causing high memory usage over time

I have the same problem on my VPS ... Just open it open already using 15 ~ 40% of the CPU and 60mb of Memory ...

The solution I have to do is put the fps tibia in 5 framerate by windbot addons , if I dxe 10 framerate uses the CPU too there have to leave the priority of WindBot low.